Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2002 6:13:55 PM EDT
Anyone going to the Gun Show in Winston Salem N.C. this weekend? I've been to Hickory N.C., Greenville S.C. and Charlotte N.C.

Charlotte is by far the best, has anyone ever been to Winston Salem?

How does it stack up to Charlotte?

Anyone going?

DoorKicker6
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:00:53 PM EDT
[#1]
DoorKicker,

I will most likely be there Saturday morning.

Have been to Winston before and usually pickup ammo there. Not as good as Charlotte or Greensboro, but better than sleeping in. LOL!

M-Forgery
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 10:35:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Strange you guys should mention Charlotte as the best......last one I went to there (been a few years, though) sucked so bad I swore I'd never drive that far for one again.....
The only one close to me that's worth 1/2 a sh*t is the SC Arms Collector's show in Greenville.
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 5:47:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Zardoz,

I had caught an "intestinal infection" and almost died a few months ago. Lost 20 lbs, the works! I love going to gun shows and my wife found "gun shows dates" in my "favorites" category in our computer. She decided that she was going to surprise me when I got to feeling better. She went to Greenville Tech to college and told me one day that she was going to the Barnes and Noble in Greenville to meet some old girl friends and just hang out. She wanted me to get out of the house and ride along so I did. She surprised me by dropping me off at the SC Arms Collector's show in Greenville. It was a pretty good show. I think that if you find time to make it back to charlotte in December you’ll find three buildings the size of the Greenville show filled. I really enjoy it and think if you give it a chance again you’ll agree it’s the best! The food is really good at the Charlotte show too! Let me know if you come up.

M-Forgery,

I plan on being there Saturday morning also. Its about a 2 1/2 hour drive for me so I'll be there around 10 to 10:30. An old patrol partner of mine is riding along. He's a "newbee" to the whole gun thing. He just got on with my old City agency's SRT unit and is also allowed to carry his own AR15. He has never owned one and is planning on bring a pistol or two to sale and buy an AR. HE wants a pre-ban like my Colt. I told him how much they cost but he still wants one with a collaspable stock and all. I personally love spending money on guns, especially when it aint mine! lol.

DoorKicker6
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 6:48:49 AM EDT
[#4]
What time does it open on Sunday? I will be in Greenville, SC on Saturday working on some OT for an Xmas present for myself. I will probably be in line Sunday am. I live about 20 minutes from the convention center. The shows have been small but its better than mowing the lawn.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 7:17:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm going to try and get out to the Winston show tomorrow, but I can't make it in the morning.  I plan to get some SA battlepacks and Wolf 7.62x39mm.

Keep in mind that the Raleigh "Dixie Gun and Knife Classic" will be at the NC Fairgrounds on Nov. 23-24, {CLICK HERE.}  If you can't get out to more than a show or two, go to the Raleigh show.

I think the Greensboro show this past summer was AWESOME.  I bought a bunch of stuff including an upper, and a LOT of black rifle people were there, and some dealers that drove from quite a ways (like J&T).  Raleigh is about on the same level.
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 8:07:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Doorkicker6, I think I may just go ahead and make the drive up in December. After all, one thing ANY gun show is good for is ammo, and we all know you can never have "too much" ammo.
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 9:54:33 AM EDT
[#7]

How much better are these shows than the Fayetteville one?  I've been to a few nice ones in Fayettevile, but lately, most of them have sucked.  Are the other shows that good?(Charlotte is about 2 hours vs 30 min for Fay.)

If there are alot more black rifle dealers at the Charlotte or Raleigh shows, I might consider going.

J

Link Posted: 11/9/2002 7:16:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got back from the show. It was pretty good. My best friend bought a pre-ban Colt Sporter, Match H-bar, with a Colt M4 upper and M4 (4 position stock), UNFIRED!! They even had the blue label box for it and included a carrying case! All for under $2,000.00! He only bought it because I had already drawn my credit card and was going in for the buy! lol. Well maybe next time ;-)

Good show, I dont know if I'ed drive 2 1/2 hours for it again, but then again, any gun show beats sleeping in!! If I didnt have anything else I probibly would.

As for the Charlotte show, THREE BUILDINGS FULL! Great food too! I dont miss the Charlotte show, ever! Now I've been to Winston-Salem, Hickory, & Greenville S.C. and Charlotte beats them all! Usually alot of "Black Rifle" people there.

Well, goodnight all. I left the house at 07:30 today, picked up a good friend, went to a good gun show, helped him buy a GOOD rifle, eat a good meal, at HOOTERS, and now its all over. Time to dream about ( o )( o ) and rifles!! This was a really good day!

DoorKicker6, clear... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top