Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2002 4:35:06 AM EDT
Stopped by Quantico Arms yesterday to take a look at the Eagle Arms lowers that they had mentioned in the "Industry" forums.

They looked good. Real good.  I just couldn't walk away without one.  

I had planned on buying a stripped lower, but instead got a pre-assembled one with the "Non-telescoping" telescoping stock, and single stage trigger.  It looks great with my Bushy 'AK' 16" upper.  Just the right look and feel for a light weight, easy to carry firearm.

Trigger is a little jerky, and breaks at around 7.5 - 7.75 Lbs according to my RCBS trigger guage.  I could have gotten the  two stage NM trigger, but just couldn't justify the $$ for a "truck gun".  

Lower is stamped:
Eagle Arms
Div ArmaLite
Rifle 5.56MM
M15A2
USA 15XXXX

Also stamped: "Eagle Arms div ArmaLite, Geneseo, Il" on left side just above the selector.

Finish is excellent, fit is VERY snug on the bushy upper..the rear pin is very tight..I was able to push it in with thumb, but I'll need something to push it out when I disassemble for cleaning.  All magazines (bushy 10 round, USGI 20 and 30 round) all drop easily with no "hang ups".

Quantico Arms is first rate - nice clean shop, people that know what they are talking about, and willing to take time to answer questions (correctly ! ). Highly recommended.

-John
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 4:55:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought the stripped lower 2 weeks ago, I agree with the quality of the finish. I thought that eagles were the seconds of Aramalite but I can not find anything wrong with mine.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 5:18:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I bought the stripped lower 2 weeks ago, I agree with the quality of the finish. I thought that eagles were the seconds of Aramalite but I can not find anything wrong with mine.

Eagle lowers are not seconds in any way. It's more of a merchandising ploy, sort of like Buick, Oldsmobile. The Armalite brand name  commands a premium, that's why they won't sell any lowers as Armalites.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 9:44:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought 2 myself and Quantico Arms is top notch in my book.  I might buy a couple more.

max
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 10:25:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Too Funny...

My wife and I were at Quantico Arms yesterday too...The guard at the gate asked where we were going...Apparently the Password was "To see Dave in Qtown"...Saluted and away we went...2 weeks ago-they took our truck apart while questioning us!

AR15 members need to ware nametags in that store...we probably are standing next to each other and not even knowing it.

PS-of course Dave wasn't there his wife was...it a need thing when your wife likes to go to the gundtore 'cause she likes the people there!
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I went through the main gate.  Only had to stop so that they could "log me in".  Usually I am going through the gate on the other side of the base to practice with the Va. State Rifle Team.  You just never know what you're gonna run up against.  Sometimes you just get a "Thank You Sir"; sometimes you get the "full workover".

A couple of weeks ago I had to show my firearm, magazines, ammunition, Quantico Shooting club card, and VSSA membership card. I was asked for my "permit" for my AR, as well as a letter authorizing me permission to enter the base and discharge a firearm at the ranges...hinking.gif

Of course we were right in the middle of the whole "sniper unpleasentness" so I kinda understood their concern.  I generally don't mind the minor rule changes when you go on post, as they are generally very professional and courteous.

Yep, Daves' wife made me feel pretty silly.  I wanted to make sure that the stock I was buying was a post-ban version...sheeesh...she really knew her stuff,  "Yes, it's pinned...seeeeee, the little pins ???"  her
-J  

Link Posted: 11/3/2002 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#6]

I'm not certain but I believe Dave AND wife may be Marine Corps Majors.  At any rate, good people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top