Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2002 7:50:13 PM EDT
Thinking about building up a Browning Gold turkey for use in 3 gun, both IDPA and IPSC.
Does anyone have any experience with Brownings as competition guns?
It does not have to be 3 gun. Skeet, trap and sporting clays work a gun harder than the shotgun stages in 3 gun.
Pictures would be nice if you have them.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 8:11:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I have experience with a Gold, but not as a competition gun. I had a Gold Hunter 12 gauge with which I used to hunt and informally shoot sporting clays and trap. It always, ALWAYS functioned even with high velocity 7/8 ounce loads. Wound up selling it about a year-and-a-half ago in favor of a NIB Auto 5 Light 12. I'd buy one again.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 5:27:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a 24" Turkey synthetic model for use in 3-gun matches. I removed the rear fiberoptic sigth, I felt it was eisier to pick up the front sight faster. I put an eight round side saddle on from www.3gungear.com. I also put an extended mag tube from www.surecycle.com. Because the latch that holds the shells in the mag is attached to the bolt i have had some problems w/ the gun failing to fire. When more than 8 rounds are in the mag, it will hold 10, the pressure of the spring in the mag tube overcomes the recoil spring. It is work in progress. I cut the 1/2 of a coil from the mag spring. it seems to work w/ the dummy ammo but have yet to try it at the range.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 1:29:34 PM EDT
[#3]
BTT
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:02:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I have over 2500 rounds through my Gold Hunter 12 gauge.  Always functions, very pointable.  Pretty wood.  The ejection port has an area where the finish has worn to the metal.  Otherwise everything else looks and works well.  The action seems to work with all sorts of loads.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top