Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2002 5:00:18 PM EDT
I really hate to buy a rifle from Wal-Mart and have not done so in quite a few years,but.......I saw a Model 70 there that caught my eye.  It has the most unique synthetic stock I have ever seen.  It it most reminicent of a Benelli Nova.

It comes with a Simmons 3-9 scope, and it fits me just soooo soooo good.  I almost wanted to cry when I gave it back to the guy behind the counter.  My wife had just bought me a mint Enfield No.4 a few hours earlier, so I was getting the "put it down" look.

My question is:  Has anyone else seen this rifle?  I am wondering if it was made espescially for Wally World (i know they do that some times).  Is it available anywhere else?

Thanks for the info and please, please respond if you can!!!!

Jarhead94

Link Posted: 10/30/2002 8:14:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not seen any come into work, nor have I ever seen one.  Come to think of it I have never heard anyone describe the Benelli Nova stock as 'really nice'.  Are you sure it is like the Nova's stock?
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 9:51:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Winchester model 70 .30-06 that I got from my local FFL...
It originated from Wally-World and was traded in on another gun...
I bought it because it looked real nice, fit well, and it was cheap...

It's got the black synthetic stock, and tapered barrel with no irons...

The damn thing shoots as good or better than my Rem 700 LTR...

Not uncommon at all to put three bullets through the same egg-shaped hole at 100 yards...

It's one of the best shooting cheap-ass guns I've ever bought...
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 4:18:08 AM EDT
[#3]
The Benelli Nova stock is what came to mind initially.

Anyway, the stock is the most comfortable synyhetic stock I have ever held on a Wal-Mart rifle.

I am gonna try and buy it later today.  I'll let ya'll know how it shoots.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 5:05:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Don`t be afraid to buy it!
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 7:03:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Did it have the controlled round feed?

Magazines plate?

How much?
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes...HOW MUCH?
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 12:02:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought my model 70 at wally world before I got my ffl. Best gun on the market for hunting.
Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 4:29:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I put it on lat-away today.

Total cost was 422.00
It was a package with a 3-9X30 Simmons scope and the barrel was free floated.

I should have it in a couple of weeks......will follow up with a range report.

Jarhead94
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top