Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2002 9:28:18 PM EDT
i've looked at Harris, since they seem to make the most models, but i don't want to deal with the hassle of buying an adapter as well. has anyone here tried a bi-pod that they really like? also, ATI (Advanced Technologies) is supposed to come out with a bi-pod specifically for the AR-15 sometime in December. anyone know anything about that model? thanks.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 12:23:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I would get the harris with the leg notch.  The adapter is small and cheap in price also.

medcop
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 3:40:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Ditto Medcop.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 10:09:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Same here Harris S model. Once the adapter is on you don't have to remove it. If you have a free floated barrel you don't need the adapter unless it's a CMP AR15
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 1:02:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Harris model LM series S, I swap it out between my AR and my varmit rifles. I love it. More stable than using a sand bag in the front too.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Harris LM S model too- The adapter (the #5 model) is only 8-10 bucks if I remember right.

Link Posted: 10/30/2002 5:34:21 PM EDT
[#6]
very cool. thanks for the recommendations guys!
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 5:40:31 PM EDT
[#7]
The Harris stud makes for a nice match to a Krager Industries rear stud for the AR. You then can use normal "Mike's" quick releases to remove your sling.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Harris Harris Harris

Reliable, tough as an angry mountain woman and Harris stands behind their product very diligently
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 6:14:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Same as the best bipod for ANY gun: Harris. I have three Harris bi-pods.

I bought some ATI shotgun excessaries and they were way less than optimal. I ended up taking it back off and replacing it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 9:55:04 PM EDT
[#10]
One more vote for Harris...
I've got several...
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 10:31:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I bought some ATI shotgun excessaries and they were way less than optimal. I ended up taking it back off and replacing it.

Boomholzer, which ones? i just got the ATI topfolder for my mossberg 590. so far i like it very much. did you have that by any chance?

thanks again for the feedback guys. looks like harris is the hands-down winner.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 11:15:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Boomholzer, which ones? i just got the ATI topfolder for my mossberg 590. so far i like it very much. did you have that by any chance?

I also have an ATI top folding stock on my 870.  So far it appears to be holding up pretty well.  It is not as nice as an 870 top folding factory stock, but also not as expensive.

medcop
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 8:10:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The topfolder for the 870 had a adapter piece the pit between the stock and the receiver, I thought that was cheesy. I took it off and put on a fixed SF pistol grip.
When folded, the butt portion of the folder would conflict with the iron site.

The ATI mag extention would bind with the shotshells. You could not always reliably or effectivly fully-load the tube mag. I replaced it with a steel Choate.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top