Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2002 12:34:55 AM EDT
Saw this on Gunbroker. It looked interesting. Anybody got one? I read about these on Biggerhammer. Might consider bidding.
www.gunbroker.com It's item number 5850491.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 5:52:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Good Luck finding parts! It is nice but best off as a safe queen or very occassional shooter. I have a couple reviews of it done in the 80s when into'ed. You could switch it between right and left handed operation.
SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 6:59:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I checked them out when the first came out.  They were interesting, but nothing worth writing home about.  They were no where near the quality of a Belgian FAL or a German HK, and that's pretty much all there was to go up against at the time.  I suppose you could count the M-1A, but the end result was the HAC-7s that I handled were just not quite "there" compared to the others.  

There were some QC issues, but I don't remember what.  I suppose that's not unusual for a first effort on a private funded gun.  The mag was an original AR-10 waffle mag (they were $5 each then) that you had to cut a notch in the back for the mag catch.  They didn't bother to refinish the notch, just a bare aluminum cut. The mags now are about $85 a piece because the SR-25 came out and used them.  

This is an unfired example supposedly.  If you fire it, you'll take a beating in value.  It will be hard to liquidate in any event.  It's definately advanced collector stuff.  If that's what you're into, it's definately up that alley.  I don't think the value is going to climb very fast on these though.  Value will go up to be sure, but just as fast as any pre-ban.  

Ross
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top