Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2002 6:54:56 PM EDT
Got my first AK at the gunshow today.Traded that POS Centme single shot for it.Bought some Surplus rounds and stopped by the Range on the way home and tried it out.Cut the tape on the box,unwrapped it from the paper,slapped a loaded 30 rounder and had a blast.Only problem I could find was that I didnt buy near enough rounds at the gunshow.The 120 I bought wasnt near enough.OK now the questions.Where do I get Synthetic Stocks at a good price?How about a side rail scope mount with weaver rail?Is the one that Tapco sells any good or is there any place to get one like Tapcos any cheaper?How about links for Accesories.Last question is how well will a Red Dot hold up on it?Im thinking a Tasco or BSA 30mm red dot with a Black Synthetic Stock set would look pretty Kick Ass.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 6:58:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 7:15:50 PM EDT
[#2]
What did you pay for it?  I was at a show yesterday and the cheapest price was $319.

Forget a standard scope, if you're going to scope that Romanian minx put a Commie scope on it... say it after me... PSO!
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Dealer was askin 350.Saw them all the way up to 425.00.I only had 275.00 in my CETME and had to give 10.00 difference so I guess I have 285 in it.Not too bad I guess.Alot better than the CETME I traded by far.That POS would jam ever round.Tried all that was suggested to fix it and still jammed.You had to remove the mag on it ever time to clear the damn thing.The SAR run like a top.Allready like the hell out of it.Just need to get it spiffed up some.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 7:48:10 PM EDT
[#4]
You should field strip that rifle, and clean the cosomoline (spelling) out of it.
They come absolutely drenched in the stuff, inside and out. (most of the time, the dealer just wipes down the outside)

go here, and look at the different optics, and other cool stuff.
tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/
and then head on over to the AK site
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 9:04:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Congratulations!  Now get your rump over to the AK side of the house!

Welcome to the darkside!

Ross
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 9:47:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Forget the scope and scope mounts they have at Tapco (sorry Buddy).  Get the scope mount from Tantal and the stocks from Kvar.  I'm planning on putting a Cobra on mine also.  I already have the US furniture on from K-var.  I've been toying with the idea of getting a Bulgy buttstock because the US stock is 1 1/2 inches longer (a bit too long for my tastes), or perhaps the Non folding Romy stock from Tapco.  Also on my list is the Romy 75 round drum from Tapco.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top