Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2002 2:07:10 PM EDT
Okay guys a couple of quick questions. I picked this rifle up for $150.00 dollars at one of my local gunshops. Marking are as follows, Mauser modelo argentine 1891- deutsche waffen-und munitions fabriken berlin. The rifle has all matching numbers, and looks practically new, except for the addition of a lyman peep sight that was added. Serial #u116%. The bore and barrel are bright and shiny, no dark spots. Did I mention I got 150 rounds of ammo with it. Any info on this rifle would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 2:29:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Argentine 1891 mauser

Cal 7.65mm rimless
length, overall: 48.6 in
barrel length :  29.1 in
weight emplty :  8.58 lbs
muzzle velocity 2755 fps  
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks SGB, but mine does not have the forarm go as far forward as the one pictured, it only goes about 4 inches past the band with the swivel. Also the barrel is only about 22-24 inches long.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#3]
sounds like Bubbas gunsmithing got hold of it.Another fine military arm destroyed.??
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 2:54:15 PM EDT
[#4]
No, I dont think so, everything appears to be "made" that way,i.e. original, except for the peep sight.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Good to hear it "looks" original.Bubba carbines just make me sick. Ive got a '17 Remington that someone destroyed. I only keep it because it was my Grandfathers.Actually looks pretty nice,but thats not the point.
To get back to yours-Argentine Mausers were produced in a carbine version.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#6]
 There's a niche of shooters that seek out the '91 Arg. actions. According to those in the know, they're real quality pieces. They're sought out to use in other projects (i.e. "I built my own rifle on a Mauser action"). I hate to see that done... but I'm a purist. Even if Bubba has been ahold of yours, you've still got an example of one of the of the best Mauser actions made. A lot of them were made in a hurry for WW1 and WW2, but yours wasn't. Enjoy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top