Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2002 7:18:22 AM EDT
I just got this from my father as a "B" Day gift and cannot find any info about it on the web.  I'm guessing that it was made by Winchester for Sears and Roebuck.  Anyone have any info like general time it was made and sold at Sears, approximate value.  I've looked it over and it's in great shape.  It also has the model number #273 2341 stamped on the barrel.

Thanks for any help,
--NeedAClip
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 8:02:56 AM EDT
[#1]
According to my very old and trusty Gun Parts catalog, your're spot on in your guess, NeedAclip.

It showns the rifle as being a:

House Brand Sears M5,M-5T;
Model# 273.2341;
Orig. Mfgr. Winchester;
Orig. Model 150-250.

Google Search for- Winchester Model 150
www.google.com/search?q=Winchester+model+150+&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&start=0&sa=N
Rifle Stocks- m1.aol.com/custstock/Winchester.html
Obsolete Parts- www.usracmfg.com/obsolete.htm

Good luck and enjoy your Dad's gun.
I recently happened to acquire my Dad's .22 that is a Winchester bolt-action 'J.C.Higgins' made by Marlin as a model 81; it's currently getting the stock refinished.
Then, in one week, I got my late Dad's post-64 .30-30 Winchester model 94 in rough condition AND my late Step Dad's pre-64 .30-30 Winchester model 94 in good condition!
I can't believe my good fortune.

The post-64 is gonna be upgraded in the refit.
The pre-64 will remain in original condition.

Anyone getting a family heirloom is in for a real treat.
Have fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top