Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2002 4:28:52 AM EDT
This may have been hashed to death, but with no search function I cant find an answer.

I realize vertical plane alignment needs more attention with the scope mounted higher, but even if a scope is mounted solidly on a carry handle will potential for inaccuracy be increased?
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 2:04:52 PM EDT
[#1]
All I know is I have a better cheekweld when the scope is mounted on the flat top
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 2:12:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Cheekweld is an issue.  I have removed all scopes from my ARs until I get around to trying either one of those cheekpieces or mounting to the flat top (the only free scope I have is made for a carry handle).  The high scope is too uncomfortable to shoot.

Accuracy at different ranges is an issue as well.  It is ALWAYS best to have the scope mounted as close to the barrel as possible.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:05:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 3:21:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 5:46:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
All I know is I have a better cheekweld when the scope is mounted on the flat top

Same for me. When shooting with your cheek on the stock you can get into the rifle the same way each time. If you have to hold your head up off the gun its no telling where your head is each time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top