Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2002 7:47:17 PM EDT
I've been seeing quite a few of these online, along with the ammo it shoots. Just wondering if it was worth it? Could I put it on my postban AR? I've heard not to use the 12ga adaptor, due to risk of explosion? Anyone on the board have one or any experience with one?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 9:49:25 PM EDT
[#1]
There's really not much use for it.  For the most part, only the flares are legal to use.  It'll add 4 pounds to your rifle.  It's basically just for looks.

With that said, I may be picking one up within the year
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 11:32:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I have had several 37mm's.  RPB is the best bet in my opinion.

You can use flares, smoke, bird bombs, and various firework type rounds.

I have had a 12 ga. adapter explode on me using a 12 ga. flare before.  It was NOT fun!

medcop
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 2:53:22 AM EDT
[#3]
RPB??

Anyone have any links besides 37mm.com?

Oh and what about the postban thing? Can I mount it to a postban AR?
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 3:37:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Consider getting a real 40mm launcher.  Then you can get some useful rounds: flechette, buckshot, XM1822 (18 .22 cal rounds), tear gas.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 5:55:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Oh and what about the postban thing? Can I mount it to a postban AR?

Yes. No problems with the law whatsoever, provided you only shoot non-destructive (i.e. - BORING) stuff from the 37mm.

Go forth and have fun...
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 11:47:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I use a metal 12 gauge adapter for the 12 gauge stuff alot safer than the plastic one.  No it doesnt serve any purpose but fun stuff, flares bird bombs and such, but it sure is fun around the holidays
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Consider getting a real 40mm launcher.  Then you can get some useful rounds: flechette, buckshot, XM1822 (18 .22 cal rounds), tear gas.

How much? Where can I get one? Legal on postban? How much for ammo? Where can I get ammo?

Depending on the price of a real 40mm launcher, I'll probably get a 37mm for the fun of it.
Anyone know where I can get some entertaining ammo for it? Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 3:58:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Actually, in the back room at work I have 37mm OC, CS, CN, wood baton, smoke, and barricade busters.  Also available is bean bag, rubber projectile, multiple shot rounds.  Of course possesing any anti-personnel rounds deems it illegal for civilians to own as I understand.  I want one.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How much? Where can I get one? Legal on postban? How much for ammo? Where can I get ammo?

Depending on the price of a real 40mm launcher, I'll probably get a 37mm for the fun of it.

www.mr40mm.com

get a reciver file a form 1 and off u go.

Link Posted: 10/25/2002 4:40:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Real Grenade Launchers are part of the evil features listed in the AW ban. Stick with the 37mm launcher and reload your own stuff.

I thought about getting one, but added weight is no fun. You can always get a standalone launcher that has a folding stock, instead of mounting it under your AR.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:04:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm not really concerned with weight. I don't really lug my AR out in the field. And everything around here could more than likely be droped with my M1 Carbine, which is lighter loaded than my AR unloaded anyday.

After hearing "form" for the 40mm I doubt I'll get it. The CLEO around here doesn't sign off on alot of things from what I hear. So that pretty much shoots down all the fun stuff.

That and I'm not going to buy a preban just so I can mount it to a rifle. I don't really like the stand alone model. It's the looks thing.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top