Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2002 5:29:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 5:45:50 AM EDT
[#1]

A Colt 9mm submachine gun was stolen from a Douglas County Sheriff's Office vehicle Tuesday night while it was parked at the Inverness Hotel in Arapahoe County, authorities said.

What a moron.

The 25-inch machine gun is constructed of black metal and plastic, has a black nylon strap and weighs about 6 pounds.

Yeah, that really narrows it down. I'd recognize it anywhere. Have they ever heard of serial numbers?

"The weapon is illegal to possess for anyone other than a peace officer," Robinson said.

I don't guess it ever occurred to anyone that the lower could be stripped and the remainder could be sold on the 'net or out of Gun List. Last I recall, a Colt 9mm SMG conversion was worth a pretty fair amount of jack.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 7:15:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I wonder why he was parked in front of a hotel?

I guess only "peace officers" and not law-abiding citizens can be trusted with those evil SMG's, at least the ones made after '86!
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 7:21:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I wonder why he was parked in front of a hotel?

Do you know 'Gagging Anne'?

I guess only "peace officers" and not law-abiding citizens can be trusted with those evil SMG's, at least the ones made after '86!

Just think how bad things would have been if someone irresponsible had a machinegun.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 7:24:12 AM EDT
[#4]

The equipment belonged to an off-duty Douglas County SWAT officer who was staying at the hotel, sheriff's officials said.

Storage of weapons proper

The officer, who was on call at the time, did nothing wrong by storing the weapons in his trunk, said Lt. Kim Castellano of the Douglas County Sheriff's Office, adding that it was fully within departmental policy.

Whats it take for the average hoodrat to break into a car---about 12 seconds...?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top