Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2002 10:02:33 AM EDT
This is OP4. Disregard the BBB login name. I was trying to change it but dicked it up. Now I have to wait 30 days to try again.

I went to the range here at Camp Able Sentry, Macedonia with the French today. I got to fire the FAMAS bullpup. I want one. The trigger pull was a little heavy as was the recoil. The bolt/carrier is heavier than an M16 which contributs to the heavier recoil. The ejection can be changed from right to left. The safety must be moved in a 180 degree arc to change from semi to 3rd burst.

It is supposed to shoot M16 ammo but they have ejection problems. The brass is shaped different at the base. Just enough difference to cause problems. The French ammo looks like Wolf ammo. Greenish brown and covered in laquer.

I shot the FR-G2 sniper rifle. The action was stiff and hard to make follow up shots but very accurate.

I fired about 4 magazines on full auto from a Danish C8A2, the Canadian version of our M4. Makes me hard everytime.

I don't have picture this time cause the Danish guys thought it was funny as hell when they hung my digital camera on one of the targets and put a full magazine through it. Something about taking too many pictures of their women.

Now, let me think. Maybe I'll put some superglue on their helmet mikes in their helicopter. No, wait. maybe some itching powder in the ear pieces.

Well, gotta go make some revenge plans.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 4:04:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Soldiers who served in the Balkans and got to shoot the FAMAS seem to like it.  Were the French you shot with Legionnaires? I saw photos of the Legion working in Macedonia in summer 2001.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 2:34:35 AM EDT
[#2]
These aren't legionaires. They are french paratroopers assigned as part of Task Force Fox. They are the Quick Reaction / Rescue Force for the European Union personnel who are in Macedonia as observers to last months national elections.

The FN-G2 Sniper rifle they had was a new production piece. It looks like a FN 49/56 but with a beautiful european wood pistol grip stock and forend.

I also got to shoot a Bulgarian AK-47. It had black plastic furniture and the black parkerized finish was impressive. The finish looks alot like HK's MP5 finish. The magazine was done with the same finish. The trigger pull was around 2.5 to 3.5 pounds. I was able to do double and triple taps. The Bulgarian body guard thought I had it on full auto and was releasing the trigger early. The pull was so light, if you didn't fully release the trigger after each shot, it would fire again. Ther was some creep but there was no indicator when it was about to fire. Not even a small, felt stop like that when firing a Beretta 92F 9mm. It was a machined receiver not stamped and had the original AK-47 long slots in the both sides of the receiver. It was sweeeeeeeeeeet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top