Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2002 6:34:48 PM EDT
mossy oak breakup camo on a DSA

I wanna do it to an M4, its Duracoat by lauer weaponry, it looks very intricate. I dunno, I thought you might know.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 4:58:27 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 5:38:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Not 100% sure but I think a a water soluble decal/paint is applied on top of water in a tank and then the rifle is dipped in to it and the decal/paint sticks to it and the water pressure presses it on all around.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 6:18:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Zog is right!! Saw it on ( I think) American Shooter do not remember all of it but it is a thin film that floats on the surface and they just dunk the rifle.
At the time they were doing just shotguns but I am pretty sure it would be the same.

BTW it was a custom shop not something for the general public.
Look forward to someone elaborating more.
Peter
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top