Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2002 6:43:12 PM EDT
I have not been in Kmart in a long time, but have had several people reccomend Winchester Dynapoints .22LR - which is a Kmart only item.

Handguns at Kmart are normal here so this did not suprize me, but I looked up at the rifle racks and there.... sticking out like a sore thumb, was a Colt Sporter.  I blinked a few times and pinched myself... but it was still there.  I think they wanted $969.00 for it.

I was going to ask to check it out, but no one was behind the counter... I waited a while and an employee showed up, looked at me, went behind the counter and called his mother.  Then after his call he helped some woman that had just walked up and needed something in the toy section... Oh well... I found my Dynapoints - mixed in with the shotgun shells of course - and left.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 8:06:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
- and left.

Link Posted: 10/17/2002 8:34:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Except for the customer service it doesn't sound like the K-Marts down here. Well, that and the .22 ammo mixed in with the shotgun ammo.

Here you get a selection of a couple of low priced .22's and a couple of low priced shotguns with a low priced Reminton ADL or something and a Marlin .30-30.

And about 6 flavors of ammo. K-Mart just isn't a "sportsmans' paradise." In fact, it's really just a waste of time.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 9:31:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting....
The K-Marts around here have completely eliminated their firearms sales and only deal in BB guns and paint guns. I thought it was a Company wide decision to not sell firearms anymore, I guess it's just AZ......
Not that I would buy any firearms from them anyway....
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 11:05:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Didn't know it was that bad elsewhere.  While I do not shop there and would have to be saving a hell of a lot of money to buy a gun there,  they do have a decent selection.  Most ammo you would need - many calibers, many choices.  Handguns I mentioned.  I am going to guess at at least 100 rifles and shotguns on the racks from .22 to .338 - maybe higher that is just what I noticed.

But then, here, that isn't a sportsman's paradise either.  The AR15 really suprised me though.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 4:46:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Ah... Life on the Last Frontier.  K-mart that carries guns.

Link Posted: 10/18/2002 5:17:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Same in OH.  I stopped shopping there when they did that.

Quoted:
Interesting....
The K-Marts around here have completely eliminated their firearms sales and only deal in BB guns and paint guns. I thought it was a Company wide decision to not sell firearms anymore, I guess it's just AZ......
Not that I would buy any firearms from them anyway....

Link Posted: 10/18/2002 5:34:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Ours closed! (Yay!!!!!)
I support my local gun shops. At least three of them.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:42:47 AM EDT
[#8]
What is a "K-mart"

Link Posted: 10/18/2002 8:16:12 AM EDT
[#9]
No more Guns and Ammo in the K-mart stores around this part of NJ
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 8:37:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Got any in your Wal-Mart? I noticed mine was lacking.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 9:32:17 AM EDT
[#11]
gee, I wish I had any gun stores around me to support.

Actually our Wal Mart and K-Marts both have larger selections of guns and ammo then I would expect. The Wal Mart here actually has a few bolt action steyr rifles including a nice looking scout.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 9:38:47 AM EDT
[#12]
A bunch of them closed around here, but when I went to look for discounts before the closings, all the ammo (yes there was some left) had been taken away.  I don't know what they did with it, but they didn't apparently offer it at a discount like everything else in the store.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 9:56:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Except for the customer service it doesn't sound like the K-Marts down here. Well, that and the .22 ammo mixed in with the shotgun ammo.

Here you get a selection of a couple of low priced .22's and a couple of low priced shotguns with a low priced Reminton ADL or something and a Marlin .30-30.

And about 6 flavors of ammo. K-Mart just isn't a "sportsmans' paradise." In fact, it's really just a waste of time.

Same here, I try not to give K-Mart any money in hopes that it will close and be bulldozed to the ground.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 1:23:47 PM EDT
[#14]
damn AR 15's a K-Mart rosie would be pissed, that must be fun lets go to K-mart kids pick up some shoes and cloths and while your there might as well pick up a evil black rifle.

In CA we can't even get anything close to a AR and you guys have them a K mart.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 2:43:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey folks, since Martha Stewart has gotten herself in so much hot water over the Im-Clone thing, I guess K-Mart hasn't been selling much of that crap of her's that clutters their racks. So naturally they had to replace that missed profit with something else! LOL, so maybe they are trying to appeal to shooter's now as well as soccer moms.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 2:52:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 4:42:01 PM EDT
[#17]
You guys are shaming me..........Here I am in the heart of RED NECK SOUTH and our K-Marts don't have crap while all you northern boys have all the good stuff.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:22:52 PM EDT
[#18]
no shit, our kmarts really suck here in TN.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:27:44 PM EDT
[#19]
So,do you see ARs in K-mart often?and do they ever say anything?

Baker act!

Link Posted: 10/18/2002 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I quit shopping at KMart when the Rosie O'Donnel gun control crap happened.  Never set foot in one since and I thought it was funny as hell when they announced their store closures.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 8:33:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Our KMart doesn't have much of anything. Just the cheap crap and little of that.

Same goes for WalMart, not much there either.

Better off going to your local gun dealer.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 8:34:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I quit shopping at KMart when the Rosie O'Donnel gun control crap happened.  Never set foot in one since and I thought it was funny as hell when they announced their store closures.

Same here.  This was my first time back - and just to get the Dynapoints.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 4:29:05 AM EDT
[#23]
I live within 10 miles of two WalMart SuperCenter in both directions. One of the Walmarts carry a full line of rifles,shotguns,and ammo. They also have almost a full line of RCBS reloading products. They carry Serria and Speer bullets,Win and CCI primers,and assorted powder.

The other WalMart carries only ammo. I was told by a guy at the shooting range,that knows one of the managers. That the manager of each store can dictate what is carried in his store as far as guns and ammo.

The WalMarts above one manager is a hunter the other is a woman.(I have nothing against women,thas just the way it is.)

Greg
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 8:27:55 AM EDT
[#24]
I have been told by a friend, whose son works at a local Walmart (MA), that they will nolonger carry firearms after this hunting season.  

I have never bought a gun at Walmart, but did buy my first .22 rifle at Kmart back in the early 80's.  It is still nice to stop in at Walmart for ammo and cleaning supplies the days my work keeps me late and the local gun shop is closed by the time I get there.  

OSA
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 8:42:33 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm with some of you guys, "screw Kmart"! They just had one close in Madison Heights, VA. a while back. The service always sucked in the Sporting Goods Department.
MM419
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 8:55:47 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got any in your Wal-Mart? I noticed mine was lacking.

No more Guns and Ammo for sale in our local Wal Marts either
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 11:16:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Last thing A country boy hears before going to bed!{ATTENTION K-MART SHOPPERS}
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 11:49:12 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Most ammo you would need - many calibers, many choices.  Handguns I mentioned.  I am going to guess at at least 100 rifles and shotguns on the racks from .22 to .338 - maybe higher that is just what I noticed.

Good lord.  What you have described is leaps and bounds ahead of the best gun shop I can find in MD.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 11:53:50 AM EDT
[#29]
I used to buy ammo and guns at Kmart, bought a bottm of the line Winchester 94 there, it turnedout to be the a walnut stock costing a 150 bucks more. Now they are in the middle of the inner city...no guns, nope and no country music either
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 11:54:40 AM EDT
[#30]
I used to buy ammo and guns at Kmart, bought a bottm of the line Winchester 94 there, it turnedout to be the a walnut stock costing a 150 bucks more. Now they are in the middle of the inner city...no guns, nope and no country music either
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 2:38:34 PM EDT
[#32]
For awhile at the Walmart near me there was a guy working there that knew his guns.  He told me if there wasn't something on the shelf I liked, they can order it.  He pulled out a big fat catalog, I guess from the distributor they buy from.  Not everything was available all the time.  I knew someone who had an FFL at the time, so I didn't try ordering through wally world.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 5:19:30 PM EDT
[#33]
I have bought one gun for myself (countless raffle 870's)at walmart.  I gave the sporting goods manager shit about not having a decent bolt gun on the shelf except bottom of the line stuff.  About a week later my Rem 700 VLS was sitting there.  It just looked out of place so I decided to adopt in.  I do buy all my cleaning supplies there as the closest gun shop is an hour away and charges $10 for a can of gun scrubber.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:32:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Get some cleaning supplies at WalMart every now and then. Kmart sucks. Don't buy Gun-Scrubber, they're ripping you off. Go buy a can of carb-cleaner and be done with it (exactly the same stuff and at a whopping $2 for a hugely can).

In between LEO jobs I was a loss-prevention guy at the local Kmart. The gun policies are screwed up but the selection is dependent on the guy that supervises the sporting goods dept. If they order it, it's there. That simple. Some of them will special order something if they know you. Sometimes selection is dictated by policy.

Both "--Marts" suck ass and should stick with selling holiday supplies and the occasional ball of yarn.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 11:20:37 AM EDT
[#35]
The money that I save buy buying ammo at Wal-Mat is more than offset my the time it takes to get the attention of an employee.  As well as the cost of hiring an interpreter.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 11:33:05 AM EDT
[#36]
I frequent the K-Marts here in SE TX during the winter. I just strap on the HK USP-40 and a few magazines. Then I just stop by there and wonder around in the store for a while. It warms my heart to know that I'm legally carrying in the People's Republic of K-Mart.

Then later, after I've gotten it outta my system, I go do my shopping elsewhere.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 12:04:16 PM EDT
[#37]
The Kmart here only stocks rifles and shotguns.  Never seen any handguns.  I know they have lots of ammo (22LR), but the selection is mute.  An AR.... that's really strange.

I know you can custom order things from Wally World (as long as it's in their book.)  Maybe someone ordered an AR and changed their mind...
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 3:33:04 PM EDT
[#38]
We got a Dissipator Bushy and some knock-off .22LRs made to look like Ar-15s. Other than that they have only shotguns and handguns.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 4:09:01 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
We got a Dissipator Bushy and some knock-off .22LRs made to look like Ar-15s. Other than that they have only shotguns and handguns.

Where in Alaska are you?  This was at Kmart on Old Seward & Dimond.  Anchorage.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 9:43:42 PM EDT
[#40]
garhead ...how much was the remy at the walmart ??? if you don't mind saying....
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 11:48:40 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where in Alaska are you?  This was at Kmart on Old Seward & Dimond.  Anchorage.

the K-Mart in Fairbanks, on airport way. They look to be remodeling everything, and I talked to the guy and he said they were expecting some more Bushys! OUT-FRIGGIN-RAGEOUS!
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 9:48:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Last week, a brand new Wal-Mart opened a few miles from here.  They carry a modest selection of low end Remingtons, Winchesters and Weatherbys, etc.  What's interesting is how they're displayed.  They use two large cases with discs mounted so that customers can rotate the revolving racks on the inside.  Kind of neat actually.  Despite the modest selection they must move a lot of guns.  I saw three sales processed in the few minutes I was there.

Their ammo layout stinks though.  It's tucked behind a counter so customers can't see for themselves what's there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top