Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2002 8:56:23 PM EDT
I have a few questions regarding Colt uppers.

First off, does Colt offer a 16" HBAR?  If so, is it chrome lined?

Secondly, does anybody know of a place that would actually have the above barrel in stock?

How about as a complete A3 upper?

I need some answers ASAP.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 9:11:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Brou,

You might want to drop Old Painless an instant message. As I recall, he was discussing using a 16" Colt HBAR carbine at Thunder Ranch. Not sure if the barrels are chrome-lined or not, but he reported 100% reliability with his after firing about 1200 rounds through it during the course. He should be able to tell you what you wanna know.

---Charging Handle
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 9:24:54 PM EDT
[#2]
OK, another question.

Is ANYBODY else making chrome lined, 16" HBAR barrels with a 1/7 twist?  And do they offer them as complete uppers in A3 form?
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 11:55:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Brou,

Rock River Arms is now producing chrome-lined barrels as an option. Whether or not they make the exact twist and profile combo you want, I have no idea. It might be worth checking out though.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 6:38:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Colt does make a 16" HBAR in 1 in 9" twist. It is chrome lined. They use this barrel on their LE "Tactical Carbine" Model 6721. Check with RGuns or SAW.

Lynn
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:12:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Your best bet is to try Ken at SAWLESALES

They have Colt 6721 uppers with Chrome Lined 1/9 HBARs. Colt's LE/Mil line  are all chrome lined chamber and barrel. The Civilian barrels will only have the bore chrome lined.

The only Barrels colt is making in 1/7 will be the M4(14.5 and 16") and on a limited basis the 20" Govt profile. Bushmaster offers the same barrel for half the price.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, guys.  That's exactly what I needed to know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top