Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2002 2:40:47 AM EDT
I was wondering,we got a little classified around here and some guys selling a Savage10FP, FFHB, custom trigger/custom Target compositestock(NO McMillian), a B-square mount, bipod, with the old parts, NIB, asking 650.00.He said he'd had a tasco SS on it previously,...just set up,w/o breakin.He seemed knowledgeable said he liked his M-14 and lost interest in this NEW Target set up.The savage site has them from ball park of 500bareboned-to-1000scoped.I was hoping some of you guys might have some outside insight.......he came down a little,I think he'd go 550.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 9:57:36 AM EDT
[#1]
too much to pay for any Savage, IMO.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 10:15:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds alittle high to me too
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 12:35:36 PM EDT
[#3]
if its a sharp shooter supply stock and trigger (they cost about $300 or so) then its not a horrible deal...but...

then you lose the reason people generally buy savages to begin with.  at that price, you could get a new remmy LTR or PSS.  (course you wouldnt have rings or mounts or a bipod.)

go there, offer $550

Link Posted: 10/15/2002 8:30:38 AM EDT
[#4]
OK,I 'L@@KED' at it,not bad really, excellent shape cosmetically. Damn! the origional stock is a peice of crap! Some outfitter in NY called _"Sharpshooter"_ who only services/upgrades the Savage bolt action sells the stuff.The scope mount was not a b_square but a _accutec_? the bipod was nice,I think it was b_square,no springs.The stock was NICE.....compared to what it came with and by my own assessment.Any other input concerning these Savage 10FP series would be great.I'm going to sleep on it a few days.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 9:59:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I own a Savage 110FP Tactical and it shoots very well.
I think sub moa 5 shot groups at 100 yds is ok.
Definately good enough that I can't justify spending more on a rifle just because of its name. I might add one that probably won't shoot any better.
I have the 110fp Tactical, Harris bypod, 4x12 Simmons Whitetail classic optics, with about 2# trigger.
I paid $400. as it sets, used unfired.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Some outfitter in NY called _"Sharpshooter"_ who only services/upgrades the Savage bolt action sells the stuff.

The Sharpshooter stock runs just over $200 and the trigger is over $100.  That plus the cost of a scope mount and bipod plus the cost of the rifle seems like a decent deal.  Assuming that it is set up the way you want it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top