Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2002 1:29:17 PM EDT
We just watched Heat again, and I'm trying to figure out what a few of the guns were.

Pacino's semi-auto (to me) looked like a Sig or maybe a FN.

I also wasn't sure what Tom Sizemore's gun was, as it wasn't shown as much as the m16's and Pacino's. It looked like it was large and bulky (FAL or SKS?), but yet when he walked out of the bank toward the car, he concealed it under his sportscoat w/ the barrel only coming down to his hip.

Anyone familiar enough with the show to fill me in?
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#1]
i think, (and this is just from memory)

pacino had a FN-FNC in 223
sizemore had a galil

i do remember that you can see the crimp on the rounds coming outta the short m-16...crimp ala blanks ;)
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 2:13:57 PM EDT
[#2]
You know you´ve been here long when you see this the 1000th time

Yep, Pacino had an FN FNC and Sizemore had a Galil ARM.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Someone needs to do a Heat FAQ so we never have to see this question again.  LOL
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 2:22:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Heh, Thnx guys.

I woulda searched but I cant find the durn search button anymore.

Anyone else notice the size discrepancy w/ Tom Sizemore's gun? I swear that didn't look like it had a folding/collapsible stock on it, and my 16" ar comes down to my knees (I'm 5'9").
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 2:16:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 2:21:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Heh, Thnx guys.

I woulda searched but I cant find the durn search button anymore.

Anyone else notice the size discrepancy w/ Tom Sizemore's gun? I swear that didn't look like it had a folding/collapsible stock on it, and my 16" ar comes down to my knees (I'm 5'9").

Look again.  It has a side-folding stock.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 3:41:32 AM EDT
[#7]
... But doesn't reminiscing about this little piece of entertaining Hollywood fiction make it worthwhile?

This is only the 2nd time I have seen this post; I'm a newbie!
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 3:47:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
... But doesn't reminiscing about this little piece of entertaining Hollywood fiction make it worthwhile?

This is only the 2nd time I have seen this post; I'm a newbie!

When you've been on the board for two years and have this question asked like every three to four months, it gets a tad annoying.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top