Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2002 3:06:04 PM EDT
HELP!!

I am assigned as a sniper on my SERT/SWAT team. I use an M4 with the SWAN Sleeve & COMP ML2 in an ARMS mount as my secondary weapon. I bought a Kill-Flash (we use them on our "bolt gun" scopes) and now I cant get the Aimpoint flip up cover shut with it installed. I've pulled the flip up foward a little, out of its groove, and was able to get it closed. The killFLASH is tight and I dont want want to tighten it any futher, might damage it.

Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas? Help??

DoorKicker6
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 6:14:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have an answer unfortunately, but I do have an answer.  How does one remove the killflash?  I bought an Aimpoint that came with one installed -- I don't like it but don't know how to take it off.  I took the flipup cap off, but the killflash seems stuck on.  Does it screw on?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 6:55:08 PM EDT
[#2]
It threads in. Use a plastic ruler to fit into the notches and turn it counter clockwise.

DoorKicker6
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:21:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Funny you should ask, I just went through this a couple weeks ago.

The trick is to remove the cover before installing the killflash. When I tried to install the KF with the cover in place the KF cross threaded every time.

I removed the cover and cleaned up the threads on the KF. After that the KF threaded in with zero effort and seated deep enough that it touches the cover when closed but doesn't interfere.

On a side note, the KillFlash degrades the image and dot quality significantly. I wouldn't try to use it in low light or indoors. If it's dark enough that the light from an M68 might give you away, it's too dark to use it with the KillFlash.

I posted this a little while ago www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=74&t=146887 and got mixed answers. I've since retired mine to the hall of great ideas and other failed experiments.

YMMV.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top