Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2002 10:54:35 AM EDT
I know that this is not an AR15 question, but I've been trying to find knowledgable individuals on rifles that might have an opinion on this gun.  This site was recommended to me by many users as the best open forum for getting real answers to general questions.  Does anyone know if this gun is as good as everyone says (accuracy, durability etc..).  I'm interested in buying it next week and wondered if anyone has any experience with it.  Thank you for your time.  

P.S.  It is a package rifle, complete with scope.  I'm looking at the .308 cal.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:10:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought the exact same pkg. (rifle w/synthetic stock, scope, case, sling) a year ago for whitetail in Missouri.

I have been pleased with the fit and finish of the piece. Accuracy is quite good. At this point I am probably the limiting factor and not the rifle...

Buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 9:30:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for your quick reply.  I'll write back after I've put a few hundred rounds in it and I'll tell you how it went.  But, I believe I too will be the limiting factor for quite a while.  Once again, thank you for your reply.

-John
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 9:32:36 AM EDT
[#3]
 Is the Model 11FXP4 new? I can't find it on there web site. I did see a Model 11FXP3.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#4]
When I went to look at it in the store, the gun did not come with a nylon sling (as advertised on the website), but it did come with a case.  Confused, I called Savage and talked to their sales office.  I thought I was looking at the P3 in the store.  Turns out that the P4 is the model that they sell to certain sporting goods stores (like the Gander Mountain that I was at) that comes with a case, but not a sling.  Exact same gun and scope though.  Sorry about the confusion. The P3 is available at some stores, the P4 at others.  Who knows why.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 1:25:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a few questions in regards to the Model 11FXP3/4.  

Is the stock on the same stock that comes with the regular Model 110s?  

Is the stock free floated except for the tip?  Or is it completly free floated?

Just curious, I have a 110 combo, in 7mm Rem. Mag, and the stock seems flimsy to me.  With that said, by not putting any weight on the stock when sitting on a sand bag rest, the rifle is capable of very tight patterns for a hunting rifle.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 4:41:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Savage is fussy about the quality of thier barrels.....a lot of people like to put savage down.....because they are not "expensive" rifles......there are area`s where the company may cut to keep costs reasonable.....but it is probably the best value out there.....I personally have four....defy anyone to put a similar rifle to the test......custom stocks can be had from boyd`s.....which will take that savage rifle to the top of the line in anyones collection.........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top