Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2002 6:09:21 AM EDT
Heading to the local show tomorrow, and have a question: I know you can list up to six firearm purchases on one "4473" from the same dealer, but let's say I find one firearm at "Vendor A" that I  want, and find another firearm at "Vendor B" that I want too.  Will each vendor have to call in a background check ? ?  Will this "set off bells and whistles" with the Feds ? ? ?
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 6:23:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless you buy from the same dealer, you'll be getting to pay for a NICS check every time.

I've heard multiple things about multiple gun purchases since 9/11/02, basically that the ATF was paying closer attention. However, I've bought multiple guns from a single dealer on the same day a couple of times and haven't seen any ATF vans parked outside my house.

Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:02:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks David,

Here in Ohio, we do not have to pay for the NICS check.  (maybe the dealer includes it in the gun price).  Anyway, had a little "windfall" and want to buy something "special" -- something that I'll keep for a long time .  Thanks again !!
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:16:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey BeeBee2,
  Where's the gun show this weekend?
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:47:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Good morning Thinman,

Show is Saturday and Sunday at the Medina County Fairgrounds.  Usually a pretty good show.    9-5 on Saturday, 9-4 on Sunday.  $5.00 admission.  Let me know if you need directions.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top