Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2002 12:01:14 PM EDT
Shooting Uzi with cheap 9mm, I really didn't need to pick up brass.

Shooting it in .45 is a different story. .45 surplus is hard to come by and I'm already setup to reload it. I'm shooting in an area that allows me to move around so brass is not necessarily thrown in pattern.

I guess the only solution to keep tabs on the brass is a brass catcher. I'm not thrilled with the idea as I like to visually check the bolt and chamber area.

What are your suggestions/links for brass catchers?  I prefer the mesh type.

Link Posted: 10/9/2002 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to have a homemade job on an IMI A model.

I didn't make it, but it looked simlple enough to duplicate.

It was a heavy flexible wire frame.  The wire retained it's shape, but could be bent with minimal effort to make it clamp on the frame.  It seemed like it was soldered at the joints, and it was basically a box to fit tightly over the top, with about 1" clearance over the topcover, attached to another box next to the first that held the brass.

It was then dipped in that tool handle plastic stuff to keep it from marring the finish.  

Lastly, plastic mesh like window screen was cut into shapes so they fit over the boxes.  Can't recall how the screen was attached to the frame.

It worked well and looked like it only cost a few bucks.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top