Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2002 7:07:18 PM EDT
How light is too light?

I followed the directions at snipercountry.com/RemingtonTriggers.htm

easy as can be...just messed around with it for awhile and it now has no creep or overtravel....at all!!!  Just a nice clean break....but once reassembled I realized how light it was...yikes!  Going to borrow a trigger pull gage from a friend tomorrow.

So how low can you go?
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:24:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't go under two-two 1/2 pounds. Are you hunting with it?? Don't need an accidental discharge while hunting. Did you do the safety on and safety off tests?? How about bumping the butt??
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Rifle is Sendero in 300 mag...primarily target gun, but I will chase an occassional deer with it.

When I thought I had it right, I slammed the bolt home and "click"....hummm.

I kept adjusting till this quit happening and then adjusted a bit more to be on the safe side.  Then I did the bolt close/open....safety on/off thing a couple dozen times and it never tripped accidentially again.

Still, I have what I believe to be a trigger a bit on the light side.  I'll weigh it tomorrow and see exactly what I have.

I'll try the butt smacking thing also, thanks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I adjusted mine also and I love it!
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Did mine myself too I think it's around 3 1/2 -4 lbs. love it, all safety checks passed.  Does yours have a very tiny amount of side to side movement?  Every once in a while when i start to apply pressure to the trigger to take the shot I get a little side movement of the trigger, just a hair...not a big deal just annoying. Also what exactly does the top front screw do, it seemed like I could adjust it a half turn either way and it wouldnt do anything to the break characteristics.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 9:23:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Based on my vast experience of ....Uhhh....today, I believe the top screw controls the take-up portion of the trigger cycle.  See the link above.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top