Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2002 6:39:36 PM EDT
I have a chance to buy a Blued 4" .357 Colt Python..Price = $795 it is used but in very nice condition.. sound like a good price or should I try to talk em down a bit?
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 7:12:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's one that's probably nicer and definately cheaper right on this board.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=98&t=142047
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 9:39:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Not all Pythons are created equal. Colt put out some real dogs in the 1970s. I've seen the sight screws just come completely up from their threads, stripped right out.

Have someone you **know** that knows what they're doing check out any Python before oyu pay for it, IMO.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 10:51:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Not all Pythons are created equal. Colt put out some real dogs in the 1970s. I've seen the sight screws just come completely up from their threads, stripped right out.

Have someone you **know** that knows what they're doing check out any Python before you pay for it, IMO.

Colt had a lot of problems in the late 70's,and in all of there 80's,not  just in revolvers but there autos have bad safety problems with their first click(not safetys but just in chase you let your thumb slip when pulling the hammer}

Not all colts are indeed prancing ponies!

Bob
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 12:06:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Eight bills?  No thanks, that ain't no deal.  Five bills is a deal.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Nope.

Buy two or three S&W .357s used that are all pinned and recessed...that's a better investment and a better shooter (IMHO).

Some might say, "three" S&W?!?!?!  Yes, I've purchased nice Model 19 and 66 for $160, $250, etc.  It's possible, just have to look.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#6]
have to go with the herd on this one, stainless in like new condition, probably.
like you describe, i'd go no higher than 625.00
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#7]
that python on the EE is ugly..  i don't want ANY GOLD on my guns unless it's a gold trigger which comes on certain browning models shotguns, rifles, and pistols...

Why all the bad bashing all of a sudden? Justabout everyone I know that owns one or has shot them says they are great along with other people in general..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top