Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2002 5:20:13 PM EDT
Anybody use a Tenebraex Killflash with their Aimpoint?

I got one last week and it seems to block a lot of the light coming through the sight.

I think my toymania is getting out of hand.
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 5:28:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't have an Aimpoint but use the Flashkill on 5 other optics I own and HAVE NO SUCH PROBLEMS .
Could it be the Aimpoint ?

Link Posted: 10/4/2002 5:38:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I had one and I had the same prob. It blocks too much light from the tube. It just makes the sight look a little darker and just a bit hazy. Unless your a sniper and are worried about being spotted, they are useless.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 6:05:57 PM EDT
[#3]
That's the conclusion I've reached.
Oh well, I've paid more for less.
At least I had ten minutes of fun trying to get it to mount without cross threading.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 8:38:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I came to pretty much the same conclusion, but keep in mind, the Aimpoint is meant to be used with both eyes open, so it should not be a huge problem.  

Perhaps in low light, it could cause some problems, but worst case scenario, you have an OEG if you keep both eyes open.  In fact, the filter seems to work well in bright light (outdoors) conditions, or inside in conjunction with a high output weapon light or handheld.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 10:21:31 PM EDT
[#5]
According to Tenabraex,  you can expect a 15% loss of light through your sight.

www.camouflage.com/datasheet_m68.html
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 10:40:51 PM EDT
[#6]
about a year ago, i had an opportunity to attend a seminar held by the founder of tenebraex. It was in conjunction with my university in the field of electrical and optical engineering.

That company has some cool shit in R&D. Take for example, color night vision. They brought a prototype device in for show and tell; unfortunately i never got to touch or play. nuts.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 11:14:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That's the conclusion I've reached.
Oh well, I've paid more for less.
At least I had ten minutes of fun trying to get it to mount without cross threading.

lol- thought i was the only one.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:26:58 AM EDT
[#8]
HELP!!

I am assigned as a sniper on my SERT/SWAT team. I use an M4 with the SWAN Sleeve & COMP ML2 in an ARMS mount as my secondary weapon. I bought the Kill-Flash and I cant get the Aimpoint front flip up cover shut with it installed. I've pulled the flip up foward a little, out of its groove and was able to get it closed. It's tight and I dont want want to tighten it any futher. Anyone else have this problem, any ideas, help??

DoorKicker6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top