Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2002 10:35:13 PM EDT
I have been more than impressed too many time to mention with the knowledge of forum members so I have a bit of a headscratcher:

If you hold a gun at eye level on the edge of a large expanse of water & fire the gun, what distance will the bullet travel before it hits water?

If anyone has a chart listing all distances for most common calibers, I'd appreciate it. Or if someone can make up a chart as well.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 3:48:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry don't know the answer to your question, but this web site might be of some interest to you in determining the answer, www.nennstiel-ruprecht.de/bullfly/index.htm#Figures.

A worse this will BTT,
Mike
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 6:12:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Bob,

did you know that no matter how high the muzzle of a gun is from ground level, if the exact same bullet type is dropped at the muzzle to the ground at exactly the same moment a bullet is fired they both will impact at the same instant !!
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 9:34:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Bob,

did you know that no matter how high the muzzle of a gun is from ground level, if the exact same bullet type is dropped at the muzzle to the ground at exactly the same moment a bullet is fired they both will impact at the same instant !!

Yes, I knew that already. Time elasped I can perhaps figure out but not distance.  >gg<
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 9:35:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sorry don't know the answer to your question, but this web site might be of some interest to you in determining the answer, www.nennstiel-ruprecht.de/bullfly/index.htm#Figures.

A worse this will BTT,
Mike

Thanks! This looks like the info I was looking for.

Now, do you have one that explains females?  >gg<
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top