Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2002 3:27:15 PM EDT
I am considering buying a preban Sendra AR10. Can anyone answer some questions I have.
Will the new Armalite uppers fit this lower?
Will the M14 converted mags for the Armalite AR10's function in the older Sendra lower.
Has anyone ever seen a telestock for an AR10? Would it be possible to construct one, or does the bolt recoil too far back to use a shortened stock?
I was just thinking that if you could put a 14.5 barrell with a pinned phantom flashhider (modified a bit of course) to meet the legal 16" bbl length, coupled with a shortened stock you could have one handy little .308.
All opinions and comments are welcome.
Marc
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 3:43:04 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am considering buying a preban Sendra AR10. Can anyone answer some questions I have.
Will the new Armalite uppers fit this lower?

Not sure but I've hear the answer is no.

Will the M14 converted mags for the Armalite AR01's function in the older Sendra lower.

Definite no.

Has anyone ever seen a telestock for an AR10? Would it be possible to construct one, or does the bolt recoil too far back to use a shortened stock?

I don't know.

I was jsut thinkin that if you could put a 14.5 barrell wiht a pinned phantom flashhider (modified a bit of course) to meet the legal 16" bbl length, coupled wiht a shortened stock you could have one handy little .308.
All opinions and comments are welcome.
Marc

That would be handy. But I think all things considered, I'd probably rather have an M1A Scout rifle to fill that role. Even as a post ban you can still have a flash hider (except in Cali) and you don't need to even modify any mags.
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 3:44:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Current uppers won't work, need the original waffle mags, never seen a telestock.
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Marc --

Didn't know there were any pre-ban AR10 rifles other than the 1950s versions.

The Army is playing with 16" bbl FAL and 18" bbl M14 rifles at present along with improved 7.62mm cartridges.  Both these were successful rifles and building a rifle using them as a base has a high chance of success, the original AR10 was a failure.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 5:07:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 6:31:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Marc --

Didn't know there were any pre-ban AR10 rifles other than the 1950s versions.

-- Chuck

This is a pre-ban upper made by AI in the early 1960's.  The semi-auto lowers were made by four or five companies in the 1980's one of these, and the last to manufacture lowers, was Sendra.  Guy by the name of Jerry Draeson A.k.a. Nesard, a.k.a. Sendra made these lowers in Barrington, Illinois.

Draeson used both Sudanese and Portugese uppers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top