Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2002 8:52:37 AM EDT
Anybody been through one of these?  Galyans has a handgun that priced $50 cheaper than anyplace else I've found.

Maybe I've been wearing my tin foil hat too long, but I'd like to know what this process entails beyond the 7 day waiting period and background check. Fingerprints?  Do they look at past firearms purchases?  Home visits by SWAT?
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 9:04:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Wanted to buy a 30-30 at Galyans a couple years ago. They said I needed Columbus firearms permit. They said it was basically a background check required for inside city limit purchases. I live in SE. OH and didn't feel like paying the money for a 1 time purchase. Found what I wanted elsewhere. Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a friend get it to purchase some firearms at a place that went out of business.  He said it was not big deal, the city just wants your money and to keep gun shops out.  BTW  what were you looking at.  Joe
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 7:28:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Glock 26.  I'm moving to Michigan in the next few months and thinking of getting a CCW permit.  Being short and skinny has many disadvantages, but the G26 seems to be small enough for CCW.

My concern was the firearms I've bought in the past from other places (that don't have a purchase permit requirement.)  Am I going to get crap from for that?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top