Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2002 7:48:38 AM EDT
Guys,
Have any of you ever seen some blue/bluish residue inside your Phantom Flash hiders? I have some at the beginning of the ported slots. I recently had the thing parked, but I don't remember seeing it in there prior to shooting. I don't shoot anything but Q3131A through it, so I don't think it can be from corrosive ammo.Any ideas?

Mickey
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 7:53:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I have no idea, mine is slightly grey but I think it was always there.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 8:13:32 AM EDT
[#2]
you didn't leave gun oil in a chrome lined barrel did you?
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 8:20:19 AM EDT
[#3]
inferno...um yep. I run an oiled patch through then run a dry patch through prior to storing it. I don't think that I OVER lube the bore...but it might be possible that I don't get all the "extra" oil with my last patch. Why? Does oil (CLP NOT Hoppes 9)cause this?

Thanks,
Mickey
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 11:57:30 AM EDT
[#4]
? are you referring maybe to some oxidized copper from jacketed bullets what didn't get cleaned up ??
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 12:09:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Smurf cum?

No, seriously, it's copper residue precipitated by your solvent.

QS
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 12:14:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Its copper from the bullets, use a q-tip and some copper solvent a couple times and it'll all disappear.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 12:59:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep, it's your copper solvents leftovers.. do a better job cleaning.. :)
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yep, it's your copper solvents leftovers.. do a better job cleaning.. :)

Ouch!
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 5:41:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Cool, thanks guys. I try to not "over scrub" the bore with my brush...as I've read several posts that state you shouldn't clean a chrome lined barrel too much. I use the brush first, then a bore snake, then I run one lube patch and one dry patch. I thought that this was good enough. I never noticed the blue when I had a post ban. I guess that was because all that "smurf cum" LMAO, was blown out without anything to adhere to? Thanks again to everyone. I will make sure I clean the barrel better.

Mickey
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top