Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2002 9:41:39 PM EDT
Anyone have an opinion on the STI 1911 handguns?  What is the reliability etc like?
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#1]
A bit pricey, IMO. Personally I don't like the square trigger guard but to each his own.

Are they worth the $$$$ ???  I would chose Les Baer over STI myself.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 3:38:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I have several. They are without a doubt the best factory produced guns on the markert. Some of the hand made guns are better in terms of fit and finish but at higher prices.

My Trojan .45 is the most reliable gun I ever owned. I have a second on order (which should be shipping any day now, WHOO HOO!) I think the Trojan is the best 1911 value on the market.

The STI 1911s do not have squared trigger guards, BTW, their 2011 double stack series do though.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 3:49:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I would say it's one of the best 1911's produced.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 4:45:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Very high quality.......checked for fit and function before shipping..............
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 5:41:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I have STI Edge 5.1 .40S&W and I´m very satisfied. It´s worth every cent.

MN
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 2:48:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Has anyone heard of the STI Star that was made for the Spanish Special Military Units?  Anyone have any more info on them?  What are they worth?  This is what I know about the gun

plastic/metal sti lower has a 13rd clip with a glock +2 extension .grips marked a/star   has military bomb proof, nm marked barrel and bushing, military symbols, plastic sti adj trigger,extended slide release and saftey, beavertail scooped out grip saftey

cut and pasted from email.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 5:12:36 PM EDT
[#7]
BTT
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 8:01:48 PM EDT
[#8]
This is killing me. I have wanted a Kimber Pro CDP for a long time. I then started looking at the STI ranger II (commander size) 1911. I will be getting my first 1911 some time next month and was really set back on the Kimber as I can get a good deal on one at work. I had asked about the STI's on handguns forums and on 1911 forums with no big response.  But now this, its a tough decision.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top