Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2002 6:30:47 PM EDT
I recently purchased an AR180B and like the rifle a lot, the only prob is that I'm right handed with a lazy right eye.  I didn't like the fact that the brass would smack me in the face every 3rd rnd or so.  My brother is a true righty and totally fell in love with the rifle and traded me a Kimber Custom Classic and some cash for the rifle.  He liked the open sights but expressed a lot of interest in mounting a scope.  I recently saw where Armalite is offering mounts for an OUTRAGIES (sp) PRICE of $124.  Is this true?  I told my brother and it seemed like his bubble was busted on the 180.  Where the hell does Armalite get selling a scope mount for the 180 at that price?  Have the Enron exces taken over Armalite?  What is up with this outright price gouging and greed.  If this is true, and I hope it isn't, then I will never purchase another product from Armalite and I hope their blatant greed kills them.  For shame Armalite.  B-Square to the rescue.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#1]
That is for scope and mount.  You can get a mount from B-Square for about $90.  It's not shown on their website so you have to call them at 800-433-2909.  It's for the original 180, but they are the same.  Also, you can call Pete Fleiss at 314-638-7729.  He bought what was left of Timberline Hawk, which had bought most of the leftover stuff from ArmaLite when they ceased production of the original 180 20 years or so ago.  He might have some original mounts.  Forget about an original scope if you think $124 is high.  An original Armalite AR180 scope from back then will run you $250 and up, but he may have a mount that he will sell at a decent price.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 7:00:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Larry, I didn't know for sure if that was accurate info since I haven't had time to go to there website.  Having said that, I think $90 is still to high.  My bro is only concerned with a scope mount, not mount and scope.  As for me, my ass still hurts after paying $100 for a Springfeild Thrird Gen mount for my NM M1A.  That little peice of metal and those 2 screws from Springfeild were not worth 100 bones, NO way.  I fear the same from Armalite.  If your wondering, I think not a penny over $50 for a mount would be reasonable.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 6:02:30 AM EDT
[#3]
SAM,
I expect the market place will validate (or not validate) ArmaLite's scope mount price.  If they don't sell ArmaLite will likely build a less expensive mount.

I would remind you the old scope mounts sell for $100 - $125.  When you can find one.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 1:32:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 3:55:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input.  I still don't think I would purchase the mount at that price.  They are, IMHO, very overpriced.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 6:04:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw a AR180b for sale at my local shop they had them that came in with the scope and mount already on the rifle. I think they wanted $700 for the rifle with the scope and mount.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top