Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2002 3:01:59 PM EDT
I have some questions about the old Remington model 11 (Browning Auto5 style) shotgun.

1. When reinserting the barrel, is there a limit to how far to push the barrel before tightening the cap? Is that the procedure?

2. What is the oblong up and down piece that looks like a button on the left side?

3. Is there supposed to be a round hole in the left side of the receiver near the top?

4. Spacers for different loads. Which way do they go and for which loads?

Thanks in advance
M4-AK  
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 6:56:19 PM EDT
[#1]
can't helpwith this but if u need part numbers i have an old 1950 s catalog
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 7:12:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 5:17:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Kevin:

Thanks for the response. Okay so I did reinstall the barrel properly. The hole was something I couldn't tell if there was a missing piece so that is comforting. The friction rings are that last question. How do you remove the assembly?

M4-AK
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 8:12:42 AM EDT
[#4]
1.You cannot overtighten the barrel nut. Push barrel down as far as you can and tighten nut as finger tight as possible.

2.I think you are referring to the bolt release button? When bolt is pulled all the way back when empty you push the oval? button to release bolt.

3.This hole is to push a pin out for disassembling the bolt to remove from the reciever. If you look into the hole with a light as you slowly pull the bolt back you can see the pin. When pin is aligned with this hole you can push it to the right with a punch. You should also be able to see a slight machined 1/4 or so dimple on the right side where this pin comes out.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 8:36:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 11:18:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Kevin-I feel like a dipshit now. Was trying to rely on memory and that works like some other things(sporadic). My brother has one and I have also tore a couple down to clean for people. I know what you are talking about now on the left side but cannot remember what part sticks out the side. Oh Well I am like a Democrat, I think I am right always but seldom am.Good day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top