Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2002 5:12:29 PM EDT
Other than money what is the big difference between these? I wanted to put a Parker-Hale on my M1A supermatch with my McMillian stock. But dang they are high! Will these work on an Tactical rail? I really like the hand stop. I appreciate any help or Pros and Cons of either.By the way, I have a Harris it just does not look right on the gun.

Thanks
Brian
bcr308
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 7:20:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I have to bring this thread BTT because I have the same question. I heard about issues using Versa-Pods (height, stability, and durability issues). Do the Parker-Hale bipods suffer from the same issues? Hell, if anyone can tell me where I can go to get a Parker-Hale to compare to a Versa-Pod it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys....
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 8:01:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hell, if anyone can tell me where I can go to get a Parker-Hale to compare to a Versa-Pod it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys....

I have zero experience with either of these bipods, but last I understand the Parker-Hale  is imported from the UK and  is really expensive, something in the order of $300-400US(could be wrong, so check it out); and really heavy. Last I heard, it was being imported by Gun South. Good Luck!
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 2:01:00 AM EDT
[#4]
IMO a fine rifle deserves a fine bipod as it does with all the other accessories. Each of my AI's came with Parker-Hale bipods and they have served me well.
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 7:23:05 AM EDT
[#5]
The Versa-Pod is a Parker-Hale copy.  It also happens to be cheap-chicom-potsteel-CRAP.  I'd recommend a Harris.  The Parker-Hale while a fantastic piece of equipment is a little heavy.
R
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 10:14:13 AM EDT
[#6]
If you want stability in a folding bi-pod call Larry Watson at Watson's Weapons. He got tired of the Harris folding by accident when shooting his .50s. He has a new unit that will not fold by accident. It has internal spring pins that do not snag brush or grass. The thing has 12" legs and weights in at just under a pound. Larry said they will be selling for under $100. He built them for big guns but they work great on anything, hell for the time being I have the one he gave me on a 10/22.
Watson's Weapons 952-472-1010
There will be an ad for these in Shotgun News soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top