Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2002 7:38:14 PM EDT
I was discussing with my wife the sunset of the Assualt Weapons Ban and what might possibly take its place.  I was speculating that AR's and AK's might be banned with a new bill and that would double the price of them.  She told me that I should probably get some more of them before another ban happens.  How cool is that?
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 7:41:41 PM EDT
[#1]
That you can buy more weapons, or that there might be a stricter bill passed
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 7:44:29 PM EDT
[#2]
She wants me to go buy more firearms!!!

Link Posted: 8/28/2002 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Not cool at all.  You'd be happy to make a couple bucks in exchange for your freedom?  I think no matter what happens, we'll see a surge in prices again, but only when they are contemplating the guns.  Who knows, they might end up being slated for destruction!  Then what would happen to your investment?  (Besides in the ability to fight in the following revolution!)
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 7:53:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm going to make as much noise as I can to avoid another assualt weapons ban.  I'd much prefer that the curren one just goes away and they don't pass another.  I just don't think it will happen like that.  But in the meantime, I've been given the ok from the wife to purchase more AR's, that's definitely a good thing.
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 4:57:56 AM EDT
[#5]
medicmandan,

we have wives who think very similarly, mine thinks we need more AR-15s........, all pre-ban !!!!! she also suggested we get more ammo & a lot more USGI 30 mags & Colt 20s......

that is cool !!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 11:35:18 AM EDT
[#6]
"honey -

I heard on TV they are gonna ban sports cars that go over 170 mph.

I think we better get one."

Link Posted: 8/29/2002 3:07:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I think Harley's are going to be banned...
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 5:56:12 AM EDT
[#8]
does she have a sister?
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 6:02:36 AM EDT
[#9]
You are truly blessed with a woman who appreciates your hobbies.

She's a keeper.

Max
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 8:21:13 AM EDT
[#10]
The current Ban is ineffective and worthless, the next one may not be.  Either way we are going to get screwed in one way or another.  Just like the 1986 Machine Gun Ban.  I want my kids to be able to pay $500 or $600 for an AR not $6000.  We are a great Country just with piss poor laws and legal system.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top