Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2002 1:32:24 PM EDT
So I've got a Colt M4 upper (LE6920) with a 16-inch barrel and bayonet lug on a Bushie pre-ban config.  Just for the hell of it and for the highly unlikely chance that I run dry in a life-threatening defensive action, I'd like to get a bayonet for it rather than use the rifle as an ineffective club.

Will a bayonet fit on the 16" barrel as it would on a 14.5"  Would I need an adaptor and if so, where would I acquire one?  Thanks for any leads.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#1]
A standard bayonet will not fit on a 16" barrel. I believe someone makes a custom-length bayonet to fit 16" barrels, but cannot recall who it is.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 1:36:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Pave962,
I have often asked myself the same question.  The answer is NO.  A standard Bayonet will NOT fit on a 16" carbine. I have found only one place that has a bayonet that will work. It is at prebanarms.com.,in the Accessories section they have a bayonet with an extended heal that will fit on a 16" standard hand-guard carbine.  I hate to buy anything from Charles at Cuzco, only because he is sooooooo darn expensive, so if anyone has seen these elsewhere please let me know.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 3:43:34 PM EDT
[#3]
See this thread:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=74&t=141602Just the thing for mounting a bayonet on a 16" carbine.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I am curious about the fit of bayonets on 16" barrels.  As long as it remains on the flashhider, does it matter where the handle guard on the bayonet rests when it is installed?  I can see that if the handle guard rested around the thinner barrel then it would rattle aound quite a bit.  Is this the problem?
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 5:09:39 AM EDT
[#5]
try this:
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 6:00:25 AM EDT
[#6]
CactusJack, That is precisely what I was referring too. Looks like a neat gig, however, the question is: Does someone else sell this product?  Charles @ Cuzco doesn't make this on his own.  By the way are you Charles?
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 5:27:52 AM EDT
[#7]
JM98,

no.., i am not Charles, but i am on his "look out" list for a few rare Colt AR-15s...

he does have some really fine firearms.......
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 2:27:08 PM EDT
[#8]
So who DOES manufacture that extended 16" carbine bayonet?  That's a really cool idea that'd probably sell a great deal of volume if it were made known.  I'd love to get one, if it weren't $75.  I'd rather duct tape my leatherman to the barrel.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 9:00:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 6:34:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I would instead look for one of those bolt-on bayo lugs, which were designed specifically for the 16" barrels.  It allows you to have a bayo lug forward of the FSB, so that standard bayonets will work.  And they are cheap, too.  

-Troy

Here is one I found doing an internet search.  Go to the bottom of the page at this URL:

www.riflestocks.com/html/ace_ltd__products_5.html

I don't know anything about this company or the product, but it looks like it would fit the bill.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 8:40:40 AM EDT
[#11]
www.prebanarms.com
$269 for a Glock 21 mag? on sale for $199! save $70!!!! Pathetic. I wouldn't give them a penny.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top