Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2002 10:02:23 AM EDT
Does anybody have a link to an FAQ about muzzle brakes?  I have a couple SAR-2's and SAR-3's that I'd like to put AK-74 type brakes on but suddenly realize how ig'nant I am about them.

Basically, all I really know is I can't use threaded brakes because I have post-ban rifles and that I'd have to permanently attach them.  There's the rub - I don't know what the different methods there are to attach a brake (e.g. what the hell is set screw? blind pin? silver solder?) - what'd be the easiest way to do it, keeping in mind that my gunsmithing abilities so far extend to switching out the stock FCG for RSA's - and that's about it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually, I believe the deal with the SAR-2 is that you install the AK-74 front sight and can thread the AK-74 brake directly to it.

You should post these questions over in the Romanian section of the AK board. You'll get detailed answers there.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top