Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2002 1:13:55 AM EDT
Ok, I know I cannot have a Marked mag, but can I take a 10 rounder post ban (Or what about foreign market 10 rounder manufactured before the cutoff?), that is not marked, and de-neuter it?   I was wondering, I have several 10 round CZ75 mags, all they have to make the 10 instead of 15 is that the ribs on the bottom are extended, with a dremel I could fix that super easily. But I am rather fond of not being anally raped every day, so woudl like to know if this is legal......

thanks all
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 1:52:08 AM EDT
[#1]
If you want high capacity pre-ban magazines just go spend the money and buy them. That way you know you are legal.

If you cannot afford them then just buy a bunch of legal post-ban magazines if you so desire.

The way the ATF looks at it, and the way the law is written is that after the enactment of the 1994 ban on high capacity mags no one can make a magazine that can hold more then 10 rounds of ammunition for civilian use, this includes what you are stateing by cutting of the ribs because once you cut off the ribs you have made a new ammunition feeding device that will hold more then 10 rounds of ammunition, thus violating the 1994 ban on high capacity magazines.

Dont break the law, just go buy some magazines and stay legal.

Link Posted: 8/23/2002 2:01:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I figured that is what would be said.....  I have a couple Hi Caps for it, but figured with all these post ban and whatnot, I might be able to, if it was not illegal.

Here is another question, I have a whole bunch of Mags that were blocked, by owners, to only 10 rounds, they are only a wood clock and a pop rivet through the floorplate. Can I drill out the pop rivet and remove the block? these are not factory blocked mind you, they once were proud Hi Caps. But for whatever reason they were neutered (some might be Canuck mags).  Can I restore them? or is that also verboten now?

Thanks all
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 2:11:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Call the ATF and ask them on the wood blocked mags they could tell you for sure.

Ten years in the slammer and a $100,000 fine is not worth the extra 5 rounds in my opinion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top