Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2002 2:04:44 PM EDT
What is the deal with Wilson Combat pricing?  Especially there 1911 clones.  I know that they say they are custom made but honestly who is going to pay $3,000-5,000 for a .45 cal pistol?  Can you imagine what type of rifle you could buy for $5,000.  You could buy a Barrett .50 cal.  Anybody who would buy a $5,000 pistol when they could buy a .50 cal Barrett IMHO is mad.  Please some one shed some light.  Their AR type rifles also seem a bit high but not as outrageous as the 1911 clones.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 2:35:09 PM EDT
[#1]
W.C. 1911's are some of the very best. I do agree that the prices are insane, I don't care how they're made.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Bill Wilson is a 45 guru......his parts are #1......the 1911`s are hand fitted......can you get a pistol of the same quality at a lesser price?....probably......but in that market....you must be patient.....check out the sti 1911`s.......but on the high end....wilson...ed brown...and there are a couple other custom builders that will make sure you get a reliable accurate product for you`re $$$$$
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 3:26:38 PM EDT
[#3]
The test target that came with mine.

3 rounds

15 yrds

one hole

.50 in diameter (I pulled out the calipers on it)
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What is the deal with Wilson Combat pricing?  Especially there 1911 clones.  I know that they say they are custom made but honestly who is going to pay $3,000-5,000 for a .45 cal pistol?

The FBI did. They bought 2,000 of them for their agents with YOUR TAX DOLLARS. I wonder if that means the SOBs will be better shots or less likely to trample the BOR  now. I doubt it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top