Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2002 1:14:03 PM EDT
Some of you have seen the thread about my boflage disaster.  I am looking to refinish my Reming 700 and need some ideas.  I have talked to Rocky Mountain Arms about the Black Teflon finish and it seems decent but I would like other ideas along with prices.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 8:17:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I would look at Black-T from Birdsong and Associates.  It is $150 for a handgun.  I imagine it is the same for a bolt action rifle.  Give them a call at (601) 939-7448.  They also offer Green-T, but I don't know if they offer Camo.

Another option is Gunkote by Mac's Shootin Irons.  The website is www.shootiniron.com and according to the site, the price for a bolt action rifle is $140 + $10 for rings and base + shipping.  It's $50 more for camo.

I don't have any experience with Gunkote, but I really like Black-T.  The only complaint I have with Black-T is the time it takes for it to get applied (about 6 weeks or longer).
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 10:36:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Last weekend I stumbled across a company doing the best looking commercial camo jobs I've ever seen.

www.camo-it.com

Camo-It does over 250 patterns and the quality and detail were impressive.

Check 'em out.

Arock
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 6:59:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Rocky Mountain Arms has black, gray, urban, green and now desert camo for AR's

www.bearcoat.com   or www.rockymountainarms.com

Their service is exceptional and they finish the guns for Les Baer/Weatherby/Cabela's
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 12:30:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Checkmate.
www.checkmatecustom.com/index.htm
$...?

Rustoleum BBQ Black.
$...less than 10 bucks.

Don't choke too hard.
This finish on my "Klinton Sporter" has been on for years.
I shot it 'til it was smokin' to cure the paint.
It didn't lose the finish.
It still looks good.
I'd do it again.

You might try it since you were proficient at the Bowflage even though the cleaning liquid took that off.
The BBQ Black hasn't suffered any ill effects from cleaning at all.

Just a cost effective idea for you.

Link Posted: 9/2/2002 3:46:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm pretty fond of the Krylon line of "Military" spray paint.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 6:02:42 AM EDT
[#6]
The Army uses a solid film lubricant from www.sandstromproducts .com.

We use the 238 MIL-L-23398 MILSPEC air dry coating for touch up on the receivers.

They also sell bake on solid film lubricants and the only color they come in is what they call dark grey.

I recommend against the spray can version as it goes on too thick and drys kinda shiny. With the bulk version, you use a spray gun and can thin it out some.

The picture in the middle is the refinished receiver.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top