Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2002 8:13:58 AM EDT
I need a new shotgun and I’m pretty much set on a Remington 870 Express Super Magnum, problem is I’m torn between 2 different models. The Black Synthetic or the Camo. Anybody have experience with the camo’s durability in these guns? I’m thinking just get the back and when I want it camo just pickup some of that cheepy camo tape or one of those gun sock deals that slides over it. I guess the only thing that I’m worried about the camo is it easily scratching off. Any ideas or input? Bout the only thing I use a shotgun for is shooting clays, dove, turkey, and the occasional, “it would be pretty cool to shoot this ________ with the 12 gauge.”

Diesel

Link Posted: 8/20/2002 1:11:01 PM EDT
[#1]
D, I would go with the black. I bought a Mossberg 20 gauge #500 youth turkey for my son in cammo. The finish wore off the reciever and forearm during light use. It can not be refinished acording to Mossberg. The other reason is that I bought a pair of cammo binoculars, dropped them while turkey hunting and never found them again!  

My brother In-Law bought the Remington 870 Express Super Mag Combo with the 26" bird barrel and 20" fully rifled deer barrel this past weekend. Boy does those 3 1/2" kick! Enjoy, MIKE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top