Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2002 8:04:24 PM EDT
Has anyone noticed that the prices of ARs seem to be going down?  I was at a gun show recently and noticed that there was a much larger number of AR type rifles than in the past and the prices were really reasonable...including on pre-ban rifles.  And this was at a gun show where many exibitors think they can charge double what a rifle is worth.  Also I've seen some reasonable prices on ARs in a few gun stores.  

Has anyone else noticed this?  This was in southern Missouri.  I'm wondering if there is a large number of companies producing ARs and less of a demand than before.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 9:13:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep there going down.Just pick up a copy of Shotgun News and checked some prices.Theve got some complete rifles in there for 499.I think the Oly Plinker was one.Man I hope the bottom drops out of ARs.Id like to buy a few more.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 4:31:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the reason is because we now have so many companies making them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 10:18:18 AM EDT
[#3]
The economy has a hand in pricing plus the possible sunset of the AWB might have some owners looking to get pre-ban pricing while they still can.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 12:08:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Haven't seen it in Georgia , tho haven't been paying really close attention lately.  what I did notice was a huge increase in prices after 9/11, and something of a return to pre 9/11 prices,  but the durn things were high enough before 9/11. Oh well, with an A2 style rfle, an M4gery, and an ersatz XM177, all I really need to round out the collection is an M16A1 copy.  I'll start thinking about building one up toward the end of the year
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 1:11:14 PM EDT
[#5]
As long as the price drops I am happy.  Like what ColtRifle even prebans are dropping in price.  Hell I will buy every preban I can.  Sunset or no Sunset.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 7:21:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Mag prices are dropping as well.  I was at a Gun Show in Greensburg, PA and USGI 30s at 80% condition were $12.  $12!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top