Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2002 6:49:23 AM EDT
Please let me know, because I can't stand the factory 5 rounder and Ruger doesn't make anything bigger.  

Also, here in CA, I can't buy anything larger than 10 rounds.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 8:19:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 10:32:21 AM EDT
[#2]
the promags over at fourfourmag worked great for my mini 14 and he ships them out fast.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 11:31:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I will second what Greg said. Since Pro Mag is attempting to get the contract to build Ruger's factory mags, they are probably the best quality  mags you can buy. I have heard lots of good stuff said about them.

www.fourfourmag.com
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 12:59:11 PM EDT
[#4]
A company called John Madsen? mades excellent 10 rounders. Do a search. They also used to make execellent Ruger/PMI quality 20 and 30 rounders.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 2:35:39 PM EDT
[#5]
It's John Masen Co. and yes they do make some pretty good mags. I have a few of their pre-ban 30 rounders for a Mini-14 and they are my favorite mags for this gun. I like them even better than the PMI's......they fit better and look better. I haven't yet tried any of their 10 round mags but I have heard some mixed reviews. Seems they had a batch get out that weren't up to snuff, but maybe they have the problem now corrected. It would be worth it to give one a try and see how it functions. If they work well then you could buy more. If not, it's no big loss. But I think they have a guarantee on everything they sell, so they should stand behind their products.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#6]

John Masen (Mason?). I have 3 30 rounders that
all work great.

Stepped-init
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys for the "411".  I just ordered a couple from fourfourmag.com.  I didn't even know that place existed.  I liked what I saw regarding the promag 10 rounders so I bought a couple to try out.  If I like them, I'll order more.

I wish I could get 20 rounders for my mini 14 and 30 but in CA, we're stuck.

I primarily use my AR's with USGI hicaps that I stocked up on years ago.  As for the mini's, I'm happy with just plain old 10 rounders.

Thanks again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top