Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2002 5:47:24 PM EDT
I have a problem I just ordered my first AR on Monday and I already want more stuff for it. I don't know if this is good or bad. I'm never going to have money to do anything ever again.

My dad has an AR and I got finally got sick of only shooting it when he let me take it, so I talked him into letting me buy my own. He told me that this is the last gun I'm allowed to buy, but he says that every time I buy a gun, plus I turn 18 in a year and my buddy turns 18 sooner so we'll see about that. Besides sense the BATF doesn't consider an upper receiver a gun then nether will he
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I've gotten good at spending all the money!
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 6:23:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Wait till you are old an married and dad is replaced by a wife who tells you that you can't spend anymore money on guns. You have to buy things like diapers and food. YUK!
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#3]
pace yourself!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#4]
My philosophy is .. I'm only 20 with no major responsibilities(wife,kids,mortgage...)So now is the time for me to spend $$$ on my toys. The good part is with guns if you take good care of them you'll have them your whole life. This is how my dad sees it too.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 6:53:15 PM EDT
[#5]
It is good to see other young people {I have been 21 for years}that are so enthusiastic about ownership. But remember when buying buy the good stuff and cry once. Buy the crap and cry forever.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 7:03:53 PM EDT
[#6]
My dad always tells me my next purchase is my last.. since then I've bought 3 more..
I've been 18 for a little under a year.. and I've only got 7 (I *think) guns.. have traded off a few etc.. I hoped to keep buying more while I'm young with not many responsibilities.. then right before I graduated high school I bought my first AR.. have been broke ever since.. all the damn magazines and ammo.. ugh!

good luck to ya.. and I hope we both end up with AT LEAST half of the guns we dream about having!
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
But remember when buying buy the good stuff and cry once. Buy the crap and cry forever.

Excellent advice!! I've found that out the hard way... had bought many *POS* crappy guns when first starting out.. sold or traded them for a loss , and now I really appreciate quality stuff when I see it..  
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 8:29:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Just do it. Don't think about it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 2:04:48 AM EDT
[#9]
i'm 23, my excuse has always been "hey, i could be like ____ and spend all my money at the bars or i could buy my guns and have something to show for it".  makes sense to me.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 3:02:49 AM EDT
[#10]
LOL, dude, wait till you're getting married and you get busted buying a gun when your wife is working two jobs and putting every spare penny into envelopes for wedding costs.

You don't know true hell.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 3:03:16 AM EDT
[#11]
i'm 33, i have the same problem. i love to buy candy for my AR's!

colt
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 5:16:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't have any kids yet so I figure now is the time to buy all the guns I can while I stil have some money to spend.  Every time I buy one, I tell the wife that it's an investment and that if I take care of them they won't really go down in value.  That seems to appease her a bit.  I get in a little trouble for all of the accessories I'm always buying though.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 5:39:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top