Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2002 2:06:35 PM EDT
Don't know if this was shown here yet but here goes.

The article is a few days old but still quite amusing considering all the extra security at airports nowadays.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2173150.stm

Link Posted: 8/15/2002 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, I'm glad those crack airport security people are so alert.  Imagine what could have transpired if the lady had whipped out the 2-inch plastic assault rifle and demanded that the plane fly to Cuba.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 3:07:01 PM EDT
[#2]
You gotta be f*#king kiddin' me.  What a bunch o' idiots
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 3:15:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Better not bring these with you in your hand-carry or they might think you are also a terrorist.

Link Posted: 8/15/2002 4:01:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Heck, I flew to New Orleans last weekend for some fun, at the security booth they were probing an 85 year old woman with supplemental oxygen in a wheelchair.  She was confused and crying.  Behind her, three men mid twenties of middle eastern descent walked up, handed their tickets, and boarded the plane without incident.

I too walked right up and onto the plane, and sat in the aisle right behind and across from the 3 men.  Needless to say I spent the whole time waiting for someone to tie their shoe.

Couldn't help it.  Airport security is a strange brew of talent.  Oh well.  Maybe the 'ol lady had a 2" M60 in her purse like our gReal American Hero GI Joe.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 4:14:07 PM EDT
[#5]
That's about the stupidest thing I ever heard.  Before long, we'll all be stripping naked and getting a full body cavity search prior to boarding a plane.  You never know what someone might have shoved up their ass.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 6:03:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Three words.
"Do", "Not", and "Fly".

Take a bus, take the train, drive there, hell, hitchhike.. Seems that commercial aviation has been moving toward this "cattle car" mentality for some time, and Sept 11 just made things quicken for em.

Get ready for "standing room only" class..

Yes, I'm a liscenced A&P mechanic. No, I refuse to fly commercial.

Meplat-
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#8]
And where did this happen? Kalifornia......why am I not surprised?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top