Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2002 3:23:15 PM EDT
I'm looking for a web site, or book, or some other source that I can use to lookup the serial number, barrel markings, and other marks on the stock of a 1903A3 I just purchased.  Does anyone know of any website or book or something that I can use?  Or can anyone here help me out?  Thanks in advance.

-Gloftoe
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 4:05:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure about stock markings and all but OldGuns.net has a serial number list.

Also, the North Cape Publications book The M1903 Springfield should answer most of your questions. I have their books for the M1 and M16/AR15 and they are a pretty good book. Not a definitive book, but a real decent place to start.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 4:50:27 PM EDT
[#2]
This old Duffer (pun intended) should be able to help.

www.scott-duff.com/M1903Acc.htm

Finally got it figured out.

There is a couple of books for sale that will tell you everything you wanted to know, and more.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 6:33:31 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.jouster.com/

Has a ton of 1903 info in the 1903 section. Also useful info on the CMP and M1s etc.

There are a lot of knowledgeable collectors on that site.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top