Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2002 7:11:53 AM EDT

He built it out of scrap steel, bungee cords and his daughter's old training bike wheels. It is bored for a fuse and will lob a soup can filled with concrete for 500 yards.

Big fun.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 7:26:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like the perfect thing for ATF serving a no knock warrant.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 7:28:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Please post photos after he fires this thing a few more times...I have not seen any nasty carnage photos for awhile and I'm starting to go into withdrawl.

BTW...The plate welded onto the end of the tube is a no-no. It should have a plug pinned and welded into it. Also, the wall thickness of the tubing is way undersized...Minimum wall thickness for a (2-3/4"?) bore should be around 1".

DA
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 8:20:53 AM EDT
[#3]
i will try to post a pic later, but the one i
built has a id of 2 1/4 inches and the wall
thickness is 1/2 inch. i used a piece of hydraulic tube. (found at a local scrapyard)
length of barrel is 24 inches, total length is
30 inches. a plug was pressed into the rear, then pinned in one place and welded. the frame
is constructed of a gutted 3 ton floor jack.
it is a very stout compact cannon. small juice
cans full of wheel weights and concrete work
well.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 12:42:48 PM EDT
[#4]

A friend of mine has a black powder cannon that shoots D cell batteries. Good way to get rid of them.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 12:53:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

A friend of mine has a black powder cannon that shoots D cell batteries. Godd way to get rid of them.

I noticed its been raining batteries lately here in Virginia.....BWAAAAAAAAHHHAAAA
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 7:01:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh man, that is great.  I'm all for homeade toys like such, but wow, that is one rusty kaboom waiting to happen. I must say though, those purple bike wheels really add someting to it.....(snicker, snicker, chuckle cough)
:-)

Mike
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 7:57:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Not sure if it is still available, but in the 1970s Dixie Gun works sold a 3 pound mountain howitzer, on a Civil War Carriage.  My dad and 2 other fellows in my small town bought them and after a few drinks late on summer evenings they would signal each other.  1/3 of a lb of black powder is loud, drove the local cops crazy.  My brothers and I found that the bore was perfect for a large frozen OJ concentrate can full of concrete, and shot it loaded a few times out on the farm.  They don't explode but we still had arty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top