Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2002 4:47:31 PM EDT
Here's a stupid question...but how can I tell if my Colt barrel is chrome lined? I have a phantom flash suppressor so I can't look at the muzzle. I shined a flashlight in the chamber and I see a lighter circle around the opening. Is this indicative of a chrome lined barrel? I checked the Colt website, but they don't note if their barrels are chrome lined or not.

Barrel= 16" HBar 1:9 twist. (I bought it new off of gunbroker.com)

Thanks,
Mickey
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 5:40:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Does your light reflect off of it like it would off of the bumper of a 57' Chevy?

JK

If it is a Colt, it should be, it should also be marked on the barrel with something like a C 5.56

dave
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Dave,
Yep, or at least I think it shines. It does have the C 5.56 Nato markings on it, but I thought the C was for Colt since all the other parts (upper, bolt carrier, and bolt) are marked with a C. I "think" it is chromed too, but just wanted to confirm it. Oh, and if ever you run for POTUS...I'll vote for ya!

keep the faith!
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 5:19:17 AM EDT
[#3]
yes, it is chrome lined.
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 5:22:40 AM EDT
[#4]
thank you, thank you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top