Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2002 2:58:58 PM EDT
Hello folks,

I need some advice for purchasing a new heavy duty top quality gun safe.  Something which is fire proof, 30" or 40" wide, for a 16 rifle collection valued at nearly 30K plus handguns. Which brand(s) should I be looking for for best quality as well as value?  How about delivery and set up on 2nd floor of home?  Any good links to dealers or distributors who have such safes and services?  Thanks much for any help.

John  
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 8:15:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Try here for lots of brands and information.

www.agenglish.com/

Get one bigger than you ever think you'll need as it is very easy to fill one up and one big one is cheaper than two small ones.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 8:35:21 PM EDT
[#2]
The guy I bought my safe charged $100 delivery for eight steps and $15 a step beyond that. I lived on the third floor - like 40 steps total so the thing ended up in the garage.

I went with a Cannon. You'll find that shipping is a big cost so you'll want a safe from a company as close to you as you can get.

Firelining is the most imporatant thing. I looked at about ten different brands - they ones that were less than $2000 were all 10 gauge sides - which is the weakes part. Nobody in their right mind attempts to picks these or break-in through the door which is the strongest part of the safe.

Mine has a level II S&G digital lock and is the wider and taller model. I got the fancy paint job and finish for the same price as the plain one.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 9:03:45 PM EDT
[#3]
www.ftknox.com/  You can call them for the name of the closest distributor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top