Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2002 1:26:29 AM EDT
I was wondering since I saw a cover story about them when I was standing in line at the grocery store the other day. The writer said that he put a gillian rounds in one in the cold of winter in the snow and the C15 had zero jams with wolf ammo. He (the writer) stated that Professional Ordnance had fixed all the problems associated with the earlier C15s. Comments would be appreciated, I had a C15 and it seemed to be exceptionally accurate and fun to shoot but every once in a while I would get a squib malfunction with SA ammo and end up with a bullet stuck in the barrel. Which can be dangerous. It was my wifes gun, but Doctor told her not to shoot rifles anymore because she has a chronic shoulder condition, so I sold it and I kind of regret it because it was a light and quick AR that was easy to point and shoot well, and it looked pretty cool to.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 1:37:16 AM EDT
[#1]
THIS IS AN AR15 FORUM DOES ANYONE HAVE A CLUE????
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 2:17:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Which gun magazine did you see that cover article on?

Since you have not had a reply to your post, and since none of us have had any info to the contrary, I'd suggest you be very weary in handing Pro-Ord your hard hard earned money.

If you've got a few bones to burn and want to take one for the team, we'd all here be very grateful for a review of one from someone we find more trustworthy than a gunrag writer.

If you're willing to spare one more pound, you  can get yourself a fully in-spec and top notch AR-15 from the big three by getting configuring it with a A1 profile barrel, a lightweight plastic stock (or go all the way and get a Cavalry Arms lower), and light handguards. You'll end up with a sub-5lb gun that will work like it should.

In fact, contact CavArms and they'll hook you up with a piece in colors your wife might prefer.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 2:20:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a C-15/97s, 1500 rounds through it, 500 of that wolf 1 faliure to fire, 2 faliures to hold open on an empty mag. Both of those problems might have had something to do with the orlite mags I was using. It's actually one of my favorite rifles, except I prefer a 20" barrel.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I have put 600 rounds thru a carbon 15 pistol, and have had no problems with it.  It took a while to find some magazines which would work good with the pistol, but after that everything is great.  I finally found a bunch of colt 20 round mags which seem to work the best.  My cousin has a carbon 15 rifle and he has had nothing but problems with it, he sent it back to Pro Ordinance and they worked it over, and it still seems to jam at times.  They worked the trigger over alot and he is constantly getting double taps with it.  Thats my 2 cents worth.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Do a search... God know's I've commented on the Carbons performance several times over.

I have owned one of the newer/older/upgraded/fixed ones and they are crap. Send it back, have the blindfolded monkey in the shop dremel the feed ramps, and the damn thing still won't work when they return it. Don't waste your money.

Oh, let me guess, the magazine you read it in was "Guns and Weapons for Law Enforcement"? If you advertise with them they will endorse any damn thing, IMHO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top