Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2002 6:01:08 PM EDT
Im going to buy ar this week but im not sure what to go with. I know im going to get a 16in. shorty but im not sure wich company.

I've herd some good and some bad about bushmaster. And my budy has a dpms that works perfect.

Please help me figure out what to get.[:\]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 6:15:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I can tell you ahead of time that a lot of people are going to post below and tell you to get a Bushmaster.  That alone says a great deal for them, as they are super rifles.

I am going to recommend that you get a DPMS because I own a DPMS and I think it is built almost to perfection.  I love it to death and wouldn't trade it for a Bushmaster (at least any that I've seen) for lots of reasons.

Also, DPMS is such a great company and they are ALWAYS willing to help you personally.

Either of them will be a great investment.  But DPMS makes, I think, really beautiful and well-machined/finished weapons.  Out of the box accuracy is also top notch.

Enjoy whichever you decide on!
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I will cast my lot with orange.  I, too, have a DPMS and was very impressed with the fit and finish.  Accuracy was excellent.  Take it for what it is worth from a guy who owns seven Colt ar15s.  Good luck with your purchase whatever you decide on.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree with orange and Raptor, get the DPMS.  I've had mine for some time now and I think it's the most accurate of the ABCs.  The fit and finish are near perfect as well, AND DPMS rifles are usually lower priced than the ABCs.  It's a win-win situation!
-Marksman
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm gonna say get the Bushmaster because mine has always been accurate and reliable.  No problems in over 2000 rounds.  Fit and finish are superb.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 8:10:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, I'm a Bushmaster fan. I've owned three, and all have been great.

That being said, DPMS is also a great company, and put out good products. Inlcuding their rifles.

BUT, the big thing here is what you are looking for in an AR15.

Do you want it for competition, and punching extremely small holes in paper?

Well then, I'd say that DPMS would be the best buy for the money. They make extremely accurate rifles, and at a fair price.

That being said, if you are wanting a Mil-Spec kind of AR15, than go Bushmaster. They have chrome lined chambers and barrels, as well as other Mil-Spec parts. Also, they chamber their rifles in 5.56 instead of .223. All a big plus in my opinion for a "military" style rifle.

Now I've heard that DPMS might be putting out chrome lined barrels, and chambered in 5.56 as of recent. If so, that would be a great step forward for them, as they are a great company. And I'd buy their stuff more if that was the case.

Anyway, hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 8:34:49 PM EDT
[#6]
i think which ever one that you buy will function superbly but my vote will have to go to bushmaster.i have shot a dpms but i own a bushmaster and let me tell you that my bushmaster has never had one hick-up or ftf, fte. it has given me the accuracy and the dependability that i wanted when i bought the gun.although i do know that they have been having problems with there m4 barrel indexing, i doubt that you will have that problem and if you do there costumer service is superb and i dont think there is anything like it.trust me, if you buy a bushmaster you will not be dissapointed and you will have thousands of rounds of fun with it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 8:23:43 AM EDT
[#7]
wel; im still not sure there are so many good things said about each one I think I'll end up geting a dpms though.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 8:46:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Get one of each.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 11:02:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Yea I wish

It was hard enough to convince my dad to let me buy 1 maybe in a year when I'm 18 I'll be able to buy 2 0r 3 0r 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top